Author Topic: Anissa's Updates  (Read 24836 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
Re: Anissa's Updates
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 06:26:46 pm »
Hi Chris,

Just got here, and got caught up on the news.  Everything sounds great.

Buy the way did you eat something ;D Sounds funny doesn't it :D It's true though, as you go through this waiting and later traveling to and from the hospital you'll forget to take care of yourself.  That's what we're here for, to remind you that we care and are thinking about you and Anissa.

It's great that they are keeping you so well informed, they stopped updating me after 3:00 p.m. and I had to sit and wonder until 6:44 p.m. when they finally called and said Scarlett's surgery was over.  Man, I'll tell ya, the time goes by so fast it doesn't seem like it was only two weeks ago today.  By the way this is another reason we're here, to ramble ;D :D ;D :D

We've been thinking about the two of you all day and hoping everything goes good, it really does sound like it is.

We are hanging right here for you, and sending our prayers.  I hope it's comforting to know how many people are here right now, just for you and Anissa.  Hey did you eat something :D :D :D

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

vossman

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 06:44:01 pm »
Latest update for Anissa.  Things are going well and the neuro surgeon met with us just a few minutes ago and told us that they are closing up.  He said that she did well and that he was able to get the tumor out.  He said that her facial nerve was doing good and that we should be able to see her in an hour of two.  There was 2mm of the tumor that was really attached to the facial nerve and that is why the surgery took so long.

Anyway praises from here and I sure appreciate your concern and support!!

Chris
Chris
Anissa's other half

andrea in slc

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 06:47:38 pm »
Awesome news Chris! Yeah! Home stretch time, then you'll be able to see her!

Just remember, anything she says is from anesthesia, and the first 3 days don't count (because they are horrible). Did we mention the ginger ale for the nausea yesterday? I can't remember. Anyway, it sure helped me for about 2 weeks after surgery.

Way to hang in there! You're one tough dude! Hopefully Anissa's parents are being tough too!

Andrea

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 06:51:45 pm »
Oh, that is such good news.  I've been pacing . . . and eating.  Please send her a big smile from me.  Will you take a picture so we can see how happy she is to be a postie?  So glad it's over.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 06:53:30 pm »
Great news Chris, we're so happy for you both.  In just a short time you'll be able to see your honey :D

Now for a speedy recovery,

Rich & Scarlett
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 06:55:16 pm by Rich56 »
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

tenai98

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 07:01:53 pm »
Awesome news....recovery time now...Best wishes to both of you...
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

bowbelle

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 07:05:30 pm »
Wonderful news Chris - so very happy that this long day will soon be over for you both and your family - try to get some rest tonight as Anissa will be needing all your energy and strength she recovers in the coming days.

Give her our love - and congratulations to you all

Denise

cindyj

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 07:21:29 pm »
Great news, Chris!  We like those surgeons to take as much time as they need, but it's good to know she's about done.

Hope you can get some rest!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 07:48:10 pm »
WEW!   great news, the scary part is over.  Now go get yourself something to eat while your waiting to see her, you will want to stay by her side most of the night. (remember what I told you)

GREAT BIG HUGS TO YOU CHRIS

patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 08:58:14 pm »
Glad to hear the good news Chris!  It was a long day for you!  Be sure to tell Anissa that she has been in our prayers the whole time!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

sgerrard

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 09:13:06 pm »
Gee, I missed out on the play by play.

Glad to hear all is well, it sounds like she did fine. Thanks for all the updating, Chris. I hope she has a quick recovery.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Keri

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 09:44:22 pm »
yes, thank you, Chris, for keeping everyone informed. hope you can get some sleep. wishing anissa well...
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2009, 10:04:15 pm »
Hear that Jan?  Now we can pin the blame on Ernie!!!   ;D  How exactly does that angelic Kay manage to come out smelling like a rose all the time....

Well, you know, there always has to be a good sister.  Before I met you, I actually was the good sister in my family  ;D

Sorry, for the hijack, Chris.

I'm so glad to hear that Anissa's surgery went well.  The next few days will be tough - no reason to sugar coat it - but she'll get through it.  I found post op that I felt better each and every day.  Getting out of the hospital usually helps to speed that along, too - you know, more sleep, better food, etc.

Take care of yourself in addition to taking care of Anissa.  You've been through a lot too.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

joebloggs

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 10:47:43 pm »
That is so great, I'm so happy for you both.  I'll cross my fingers she's not too sick over the next couple of days and send you both great vibes for the recovery process!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

moe

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 11:36:10 pm »
I've been thinking you and Anissa all day, and praying for a safe surgery.     
Yea, so glad it is over. This is micro surgical nerve surgery. It still blows me away that there are talented surgeons out there who do this  comfortably and competently.
Congrats on making it through the day. You had the hard day, now it's Anissa's turn >:(
Maureen
Don't be afraid to tell Anissa to get WHATEVER she can for pain, headache. That was the worst for me.
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty