Author Topic: Anissa's Updates  (Read 24823 times)

Keri

Re: Anissa's Updates
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 02:13:01 pm »
Thanks for keeping us updated while there at the hospital. Hope you're doing ok! Our prayers and thoughts are with Anissa and your family.
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

lori67

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 02:46:03 pm »
Hear that Jan?  Now we can pin the blame on Ernie!!!   ;D  How exactly does that angelic Kay manage to come out smelling like a rose all the time....

Chris....you're getting there.  Shouldn't be too much longer now.  Time to go treat yourself to a nice cup of coffee.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

TP

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 02:51:39 pm »
Thank you for the updates. I just now read this and was imagining what my husband must have gone thru when I was having this done! You guys are in my prayers!
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 02:53:40 pm »
Hear that Jan?  Now we can pin the blame on Ernie!!!   ;D  How exactly does that angelic Kay manage to come out smelling like a rose all the time....
Lori

Lori, It's always someone else that starts it.  I'm just the one that gets the blame!  ;)

Hi Chris,

Sounds like things are moving along as they are supposed to.  What a perfect April fools joke.  She gets to sleep all day while you're stuck in the waiting room!  Worse yet, you have an angry mob of bystanders here in cyberspace wondering why they're only getting updates every 2 hours!  ;D

Seriously though, we really appreciate the updates and our prayers continue to be with you and Anissa.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

vossman

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 03:43:35 pm »
Just got the third update here a few minutes ago at 3:15pm and the nurse said everything is still moving along and that the neuro surgeon was still working on removing the AN.  She said they would call with another update in 2 hours.  Not much information but all that we have at the moment.  I will update again soon.

Chris
Chris
Anissa's other half

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 03:44:34 pm »
Okay, thanks.  Hang in there.  We're waiting along with you.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

joebloggs

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 04:02:14 pm »
Thinking of you Chris, and of course Anissa

x
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 04:44:04 pm »
First off, thanks for the updates.. This is the hard part for family members and friends.  Stay strong and take care of yourself also.  Don't forget to eat.  :)  Keep the updates coming.

Wow, it's amazing to witness this happening . . . this thing that has disrupted your lives being dealt with as we wait.  I guess it's really hitting home now.

Nancy:  For another play-by-play of a surgery, this is the topic of my updates:  http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=6446.0.  By all accounts, Jenni did a good job of providing very regular updates on what was going on during and after my surgery.  Enjoy!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 05:04:46 pm »
Still checkin in every little while  and still praying.... wish we'd hear Anissa is out of surgery soon.....

Hang in there Chris.

patti UT  (aka Yootee)
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 05:17:02 pm »
Brian,
I actually read your account a few weeks ago and your blog.  It was a very emotional journey for me.  I meant to thank you, but I was so drained by it that I had no energy left to post.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

vossman

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 05:24:31 pm »
Still hanging in there.  Just got another update a few minutes ago and the nurse said the neuro surgeon is still working on removing the AN.  The nurse did say that the last bit of the tumor was really hanging on and was having to work very slowly to get it off the nerve.  The nurse said Anissa is doing well and told us to hang in there.  That is the update as of 5:15pm.

Thank you for your support and keep us lifted up please.

Chris
Chris
Anissa's other half

andrea in slc

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 05:38:09 pm »
Hang in there Chris, you know you have lots of prayers from this group!

They are taking their time and being careful and that is a very good thing, even though it's so hard on you.

Thanks for keeping us all informed!

Andrea

DLM4me

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 05:54:00 pm »
The updates are great, Chris, not only because they keep us in the loop but more importantly because they're all GOOD!  How are you holding up?

Middle fossa craniotomy 04/08/09, Drs Brackmann, Schwartz, et al, St Vincent/HEI in Los Angeles.

bowbelle

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 05:56:28 pm »
Hi Chris

Denise here - so great to meet you and Anissa yesterday (and Andrea and Patti  :)) - you have both been on my mind and in my prayers all day - have only been able to check in a couple of times but so very glad that things are progressing well and the Drs are taking their good time to give Anissa the very best possible result.  Stay strong and hope you can feel the power of all the good thoughts and prayers being sent to you both by so many today.

Denise

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 06:04:43 pm »
Many good thoughts, hugs and kisses from Ont Canada!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games