Author Topic: Got my MRI done today...  (Read 8400 times)

Keri

Re: Got my MRI done today...
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 10:02:14 pm »
HI Whitney,
At least we're counting hours now, not days! Not that that helps much. I think we're all going crazy waiting too! Any news on Becky? I have a way of missing important posts sometimes.

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

microsoftfree

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 10:13:40 pm »
No news and can't sleep! Been tossing and turning for the last 3 hours.  :-\ I'm glad that I've been doing my job so long that I can do it with little sleep!::)

Whitney, kind of glad to find out you haven't heard anything as I thought maybe since you hadn't posted, it meant it was bad news and you were upset. Hang in there, girl!  ;)

Becky

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 10:19:13 pm »
I broke dowm and called the doc's office today.  Unfortunatley both the nurse and my doc were out.  The receptionist told me my results were in though.  She said the doc will be in in the afternoon and will call me then.  Tuesday is my busiest day, wonder when the news will come????............I will of coarse let you all know what I hear!!!.......................... ::)

Whitney

That drives me crazy!  Didn't you just want to reach through the phone and grab that report?  Ugh!  I hope they call you first thing in the morning!  My Dr.'s office did that to me and I guess I'm still a little upset about it.   ::)   :D
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

bambi81

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 05:20:12 am »
YES!!!  I wan't to say to the receptionist, "JUST TELL ME, YES OR NO!!!"  AAHHHHH!!!!.................. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, Anissa!!!  You know we will all be thinking about you and praying it all goes smoothley!!   :)  I'll let you all know  what I hear, probably won't be until later evening.

Whitney

microsoftfree

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 05:23:48 am »
I'm really tempted to ask the MRI center for a copy of the report, but if they turned me down, I'd be angry even though I'd understand that it might be unethical?

Here we go again, Whitney! Good luck!

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 07:22:20 am »
I always get my report from the MRI center.  I should have remembered and told you that.  They'll fax or mail it to you at your request.
Sorry.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Pembo

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2009, 07:34:46 am »
Bambi, I always ask for a copy of my films before I leave the MRI. When I had my very first MRI I got lots of films. I came home and plastered them against a window and could easily see a large something. I didn't freak out, I just thought okay lets' get it out. AH to be so naive....I like to get a copy of the films, now on CD, so I can look at them right away and I can take them physically to my dr. Yes the cd works on your computer...

Good luck today
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

kathylittlejohncobb

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2009, 07:43:11 am »
Waiting for your news & praying for you,
Kathy
Retrosigmoid at House/St. Vincent's in Los Angeles 4-4-06; partial hearing saved on AN side;
Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Rick Friedman, my heroes!

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2009, 07:48:35 am »
Of course!  I should have thought of that.  But I am always too afraid to look at my films.  I had my doctor/mother look for me.
The CD is so cool because you can scroll through three-dimensionally.
Hoping for the best for you,
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

moe

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2009, 09:15:23 am »
Hoping for an OK report. Go Jayhawks!
Maureen-fellow KU Alum
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

microsoftfree

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2009, 02:29:17 pm »
I got my films and can't tell anything. If bright spots are tumors, I'm full of them! LOL Called the doc's office and she says they don't have the results and is going to call the MRI place and ask for the report. So guess more waiting. If he doesn't call tomorrow, I'm going straight to the MRI place when I get off work. I've got a headache and stiff neck that won't quit, but sure it's just tension.

Don't see any posts from Whitney?

Becky

Keeping Up

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2009, 07:06:16 pm »
Hey Becky

Sorry you don't have any answers. 

If you are really keen, you may be able to find some pictures on the internet of small and large tumors to determine the proper location.  I have a small tumor - and as long as the slide was provided, it was incredibly easy to see (and I had no contrast). 

I would find the ear canal of the appropriate ear, and one by one, go through each picture to see what you can see.  On my MRI, you could see the nerves and everything, so it was so incredibly obvious.

I would be so interested in looking at the pictures, I would be able to put them down until I figured it all out.  (The pictures are rather cool.)

Ann

dx Dec/08 - 5mm x 8mm AN
'watch and wait'

sgerrard

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2009, 10:25:55 pm »
Here is a hint:

That's all I'm saying.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

microsoftfree

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 04:50:52 am »
Mine isn't as perfectly round as yours is but only on one side like yours.  :o It doesn't show up in every picture, though, so that makes me think it might not be one?  ??? I have like 6 different sheets of films with several pics on each one. This is going to be a long 7 hours!

joebloggs

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 06:58:29 am »
Mmm... if you've got a white dot like Steve's (even if it's not perfectly round... mine looked like it had a tail which was a bit that was in the IAC) then you may well have an AN... but definitely wait till you talk to the doc.  Mine wasn't on every picture either because they take a cross section of shots throughout your brain and so it will only show on the one's in the right section of the brain. 

Here are some more pictures of people's heads:

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=8190517727&view=all

Good luck with the doc, hope the films don't show an AN but if they do, you're in great company, it's completely treatable and you'll be A-ok.
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!