Author Topic: Got my MRI done today...  (Read 8398 times)

kathylittlejohncobb

Re: Got my MRI done today...
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 02:44:47 pm »
Good luck to both Bambi & Micro,

Just remember that the techs, when they don't give you a report, are doing just what they are supposed to do.  Can you imagine one telling someone they have an AN & it turns out not to be an AN?  Or tells someone all is clear, & it's determined, a day or so later, to not be clear by a neurosurgeon studying the film?  Yikes!  What a mess that would be!  (Can't you just hear someone yelling, "Lawsuit!"?)  ::)

Do remember this, though:  Although you may be joining the AN club, it is not the worst club to be in, and an AN is not the worst thing to have.  Scary, yes.  Especially at first.  But do concentrate on all the great support you have in this forum, and concentrate on all of the good outcomes, people's progress, and their overcoming their fears and physical problems.  I don't mean to minimize what you are facing.....your journey will be different from others' journeys...you will face things that some others don't, possibly...but you can get through this....and you will be a stronger person for it all.

God bless you both; let us hear from you,
Kathy
Retrosigmoid at House/St. Vincent's in Los Angeles 4-4-06; partial hearing saved on AN side;
Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Rick Friedman, my heroes!

bambi81

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 03:42:44 pm »
Well, it is 4:40pm and no call from the doctor..... The MRI guy said it would probably be today.  Well, it's either good because it's nothing or not that big of deal.....OR....It is something confusing and needs extra looking at.................. WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bambi81

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 03:49:32 pm »
And, Thank You Kathy!!  I know in the end, regardless of what I find out I will definitley look at life different.  If it is nothing, I will definitley never take my life and health for granted again!!  If it is an AN, I know that I have many people that care about me and will be there for me.  I WILL get through this!!!  Thank You ALL for the support, you have been a true blessing to have to turn too!!! ;)

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 03:50:32 pm »
I doubt it needs extra looking at, so don't start imagining all kinds of weird stuff.  Either, it's not that big of a deal, or he's busy with patients.  Try to put it out of your mind and do something fun.  If you don't hear from him today, just relax until Monday.  Then call the office and calmly ask for your test results.
Anyway, that's my advice.  Anyone else?
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

kathylittlejohncobb

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 09:01:17 am »
I agree with you, Nancy.  It is hard to wait for the physician's call, but he or she could very well be caught up in the day, busy with patients, in surgery, or with an emergency.  Even a family problem or emergency can cause a delay. 

But if you haven't heard, Bambi, by Monday, I agree with Nancy that picking up the phone and calling is the thing to do, for peace of mind!...or to face whatever it may be....  With God's help and your personal support system,& with your friends in this forum, you will be surrounded with blessings!

Waiting to hear your news,
Kathy
Retrosigmoid at House/St. Vincent's in Los Angeles 4-4-06; partial hearing saved on AN side;
Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Rick Friedman, my heroes!

microsoftfree

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 10:15:46 am »
He also may have not received it in time to look at it good because of a delay from the MRI people...any # of things could have happened. My doc told me 5 days (had mine on Thursday) and am going to count on 5 business days since the weekend is her and nt even expect it until next Thursday. I will admit, though, that I had my cell phone turned on at work for a just in case. LOL Waiting is hard when you don't know whether to worry or not. Hang in there!

Becky

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 09:27:45 pm »
Bambi & Micro,

We're praying both of your MRIs are AN free,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

microsoftfree

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 08:02:10 am »
Thanks. I'm hoping for nothing or at worse? Meniere's Disease.

microsoftfree

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 05:06:41 am »
I'll be thinking about you today, Bambi! Here's hoping the doctor calls with good news for you!

Becky

bambi81

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 09:01:09 am »
I'm thinking about you too Becky!!  We'll have to make a toaste, one way or the other!!!  Good Luck!!!   ;)

Whitney

Keri

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 09:20:50 am »
Hi Becky and Whitney,
This waiting for your MRI results is driving ME nuts too! I get on the forum and look and wonder, 'gee, i wonder if they've heard yet."

Whitney - i was also freaked out about my hair. when the guy shaved what seemed like all of it off (he wasn't) i kept negotiating - 'do you have to take some from there? don't you have enough?' i thought i was going to look awful. i didn't realize until i got home and was able to wash it for the first time what a good job he did. you can't really tell - and the part underneath my longer hair that's missing makes it actually easier to take care of. and regarding the anesthesia - i had some of those worries too - 'what if i don't go under, or wake up, or don't wake up?' that part ended up being the easiest. i had never had surgery either so that 'loss of control' i though was going to be tough.

Hang in there, Becky and Whitney! We'll all be anxious to hear your results. We're all here for you!
keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 09:21:27 am »
I'll be thinking about you today, Bambi! Here's hoping the doctor calls with good news for you!

Becky
I'm thinking about you too Becky!!  We'll have to make a toaste, one way or the other!!!  Good Luck!!!   ;)

Whitney

I posted this in the weekly synopsis that David does, but I'm praying that both of you have a clean and tumor-free MRI result!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

LADavid

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 10:05:19 am »
Thanks Ernie.  And best wishes Whitney and Becky.  May the results be unremarkable.  But know that whatever comes back, you have friends here to support you.
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

joebloggs

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 09:23:22 pm »
Hope the MRI results are almost here... this waiting is not fun for me - let alone you guys!!! 

Becky - my Mum has Meniere's.... don't wish for it.  I'll stick with my now removed AN!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

bambi81

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 09:37:25 pm »
I broke dowm and called the doc's office today.  Unfortunatley both the nurse and my doc were out.  The receptionist told me my results were in though.  She said the doc will be in in the afternoon and will call me then.  Tuesday is my busiest day, wonder when the news will come????............I will of coarse let you all know what I hear!!!.......................... ::)

Whitney