Author Topic: Photo Updates ...Facial Paralysis  (Read 9870 times)

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: Photo Updates ...Facial Paralysis
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 09:01:44 pm »
Hey Michelle-

I'm getting here a little late but wanted to say "wow!"  The progress is great!  As someone who is only a few months ahead of you on the recovery road, I know how frustratingly slow the facial progress is - many kudos to you for your wonderful spirit and your willingness to share pictures! 

Keep doing all those exercises (I need to remind myself to keep at this, too) and continue being patient and positive.  You are really looking so good, Michelle!!

Debbi, smiling (sorta) at you from NJ
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: Photo Updates ...Facial Paralysis
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2009, 05:01:55 pm »
Thanks everyone.
I am happy my face is heading in the right direction. I was told that I would not get 100% movement back. I am not sure how much movement will return but I am hopeful that I will get more.
I think returning to work and living my life has made a huge difference.
My husband and I were talking about how nice it is that we support each other on this site. Thanks for your kind words and encouragment.
Hugs Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.