Author Topic: A New Year. A New ME + 1  (Read 10859 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

A New Year. A New ME + 1
« on: January 12, 2009, 07:56:21 pm »
Happy 2009! I am thankful for making it through yet another year. Experienced many MANY ups and downs but today am feeling extra blessed. I have two beautiful sons.....Rivers who is 5 and Tanner who turned 4 yesterday and we now have one on the way..........TOTAL SURPRISE. We are all very excited but shocked! Found out this morning and still trying to take it all in. Considering that I have endometreosis and polycystic ovarian disease and had a stillborn with baby #2 and had to have surgery to get pregnant the first time we our very comfortable in knowing that this was GOD's timing and his will. After crying half the morning.......tears of joy and a few tears of fear (not knowing what would happen with my treatment i.e.botox, eye surgery about to be scheduled, etc.) I finally realized that in the scheme of things this child will mean more to me than my facial paralysis and the treatment that I need. That can come later. Right now we have already gone through a list of our favorite names and already thinking about design ideas for the nursery. Now I need help from my friends on the forum and give us some cute names!!!!

Boy.......                  Girl......  Ava, Elle, Ella, Emerson, Blaise (it's French), Finley

Zander                           
Ashton
Chandler
Roman
Harper

By the way.............now I can add nausea and vomiting to my list of post op symptoms although this one has a different cause! Any ideas other than Ginger tea?

Angie
Pregnant and STILL IN SHOCK!
God is Good.
Jax
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 07:58:22 pm by CROOKEDSMILE »

lori67

Re: A New Year. A New ME + 1
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 08:54:30 pm »
Well, Congratulations Angie and family!  What a New Years surprise, huh? 

3 kids will keep you busy enough that you won't have time to worry if you're smiling or not!   :D

I hope you have a very smooth pregnancy and I hope your boys are excited about a new sibling!

I like all the names you listed.  Sorry, I'm not much help in that area.  It took me up until the day my kids were born to decide on a name!  So many choices!  If you really want my suggestion, I'd have to say "Lori" is a very nice name!   ;)

Good luck and congratulations again!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

joebloggs

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 08:55:06 pm »
Congratulations!  That's very exciting!!!

I think Ava is a lovely name, and Evie is a lovely name too that you might like?  Speaking as someone with an odd name myself which people find hard to pronounce, Blaise might pose some trouble! Having said that, I'd rather have a different name - it's definitely a talking point!

Was Chandler the guy in Friends?  I think Zander is a cool name.  Harper is a good name too, reminds me of Harper Lee who wrote To Kill a Mockingbird.  Good book.  But she was a girl.  Sounds more like a boy's name though.

Eeek... so many decision!  Good luck!

JB
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 09:07:23 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS!!     I guess you won't have to go to California now!  I would LOVE to be pregnant again...well, after the first 3 months and the shots I had to have every day!!  I LOVE names - I came up with some great ones that Dave vetoed!  AND I never got to use my boy name - we'll have to chat and I can tell you then (it was my maiden name and I don't put stuff like that up here since I have my blog address w/ pictures of my girlies up here!)!
Hope you have a smooth pregnancy...Lori is right...chasing after 3 doesn't let you have time to think about anything else!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 09:15:47 pm »
Wow, Angie. What wonderful news. I am very, very happy for you and your family.

I cannot help but hope that as you focus on your pregnancy and put the Botox and eye surgery on the back burner, God will also bless you with healing as you await the new baby.

I'm going to have to try to remember some of my favorite names that we did not use. Nolan, Satchel and Zane for a boy and Grace and Emma for a girl come to mind. I'll post others as I think of them.

I'm partial to Ava because I have a good friend with that name, as does the most adorable little girl at my church.

Take extra special good care of yourself.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

LADavid

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 12:27:49 am »
Hey Angie -- Congratulations.  And yes, God is good.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

wendysig

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 08:52:07 am »
Hi Angie and congratulations!!!

Very exciting news that you are expecting!!  The only boys name that comes to mind for me is Matthew which I know means "Gift from God"  I love the names Olivia and Jillian and wanted either or both (first and middle names)  for my younger daughter, but since I got to name my older daughter (Jennifer Nicole - a beautiful name in my opinion) after my beloved mother (now deceased) and my husband wanted to name our second daughter  after his grandfather (her name is Samantha Rose -- actually another beautiful name) I thought it was only fair.  Jennifer means Fair,white,smooth and yeildiing, Samantha means jewel or gem.  I don't know the meaning of the other names, I just liked them.  Congratulations again! ;)

Best wishes,
Wendy

P.S. When is the baby due?
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Denisex2boys

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 09:04:32 am »
Oh what wonderful news - CONGRATS!!!!  :)
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

GRACE1

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 09:08:28 am »
What wonderful news!  Congratulations!!!

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

cindyj

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 09:53:33 am »
Ohhhh, great news, Angie!  How exciting for you all.  Enjoy it!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 10:24:46 am »
Congratulations, Angie.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 10:42:29 am »
Angie,

How exciting!!!  I would love to have another baby, but I'm fixed and now I'm too old.  I loved being pregnant with all four of my sons.  After the first three months was over with all of them, I never felt so good or looked so good.  I have a name for you and I'm very partial to it because I named my "baby" this.  Gabriel, messenger of God.  I almost lost Gabriel at 24 weeks, with hospitalization and complete bed rest I carried him to 37 weeks, which is considered term.  He is my ray of sunshine.  All love all four of my sons with every once of my being, but Gabriel just brings light into a room and all the dark corners in my life. 

Congratulations, enjoy every moment of your pregnancy.  This is a wonderful gift.
Anne Marie 
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Cheryl R

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 11:13:32 am »
Congratulations Angie and family,        I am very happy for you  and know this has been a tough battle for you.                   I know people who have an Ashton and a Chandler.      Plus we have actor, Ashton Kutcher from Iowa also.            I also know of an Emerson and is nicknamed Emee.
I have one daughter who has a middle name of Linnea.    I figured she wouldn't like it but has always loved it.             I had a miscarriage many many years ago after my other 2 and I always think that is my Erin Elizabeth.
I had a good friend who has a daughter with polycystic ovary also and last fall she got pregnant on her own and her no 2 is due in March.    They had to use help with no. one and will be 18 mos apart.        This one is a girl and my friend is finally getting a granddaughter after 4 grandsons.   They are thrilled.
I am nuts over tiny babies and worked extra in newborn nursery  while in nursing school.        Back in the day when babies went out to moms wrapped in a sheet and moms only got to see them uncovered once.    Times have changed.   
         I hope your pregnancy goes well and keep all us aunties and uncles updated!
                                               Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 11:39:51 am »
Thanks you guys. You are my extended family and the well wishes are so sweet. I am fighting off nausea today and am going to Whole Foods to buy some anti-nausea suckers to see if those really work. I feel like I have an elephant sitting on my head and can't get up and going. Awwwwwwww....The early signs of pregnancy. So tired you can't get up. I forgot what that was really like. I am very much at peace with being pregnant and actually love the good and the bad and knowing that this will be my last makes me really want to take it all in. I have already stopped focusing so much on me and my issues and am focusing now on the baby which I know will help me alot during my continued healing process. This baby has already made in a difference in my life and he/she is not even here yet@
Much Love,
Angie

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 11:57:01 am »
Congratulations, Angie!  I won't mess up any of your names for you, but simply say that God is good and whatever you decide the name to be will be perfect.

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager