Author Topic: 2 weeks from today....  (Read 2271 times)

Jwh

2 weeks from today....
« on: January 12, 2009, 04:02:22 pm »
Hi,
Two weeks from today, I have my translab scheduled (but who's counting).  I have my pre-op scheduled for 1/20 and hope that I feel brave these upcoming weeks.  My doctor was out of network so I filled out a non-participating form and just found out he was approved by the insurance company as an "in-network doctor".  I was waiting for a battle.  I see a lot of AN folks have there surgeries coming up.  Good luck to all of us ( :
Jen
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 2 weeks from today....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 04:27:39 pm »
Jen:

The time will fly between now and the 26th.  I was pleased to learn that your doctor was approved as 'in-network', saving you substantial money, I'm sure.  You'll have the thoughts and prayers of many going with you, not only on the day of your surgery, of course, but also during the time in-between, as you go through the pre-op tests and deal with the natural but unproductive anxiety that usually accompanies the waiting period before the Big Day.  Try to stay strong in spirit and positive in attitude - and know that we're all rooting for you.  :)

Jim 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 02:58:00 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

JohnnyDiaz

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 09:29:15 pm »
I can totally relate to your feelings, but be strong and relax... before you know it you will say things like "oh yeah that was before my surgery"... Today was my 3 month check up and th Dr. was so happy with my recovery he said "We will see ya in 6 months". The Pre-Op was pretty quick for me and uneventful. It was at the same hospital that I had my surgery so it made me feel comfortable when I went in. Think positive and just look forward to a goal you can think of. Post here before you go so we can send encouragement your way... ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:31:04 pm by JohnnyDiaz »
Diagnosed 6/08 - 2.5 cm Left AN
9.5hr surgery 10/7/08 w/Dr. Chandler and Dr. Green Baptist Hospital - Jax, Fl
Post Op Complications - Additional Surgeries 10/12 & 10/13
SSD on Left
7 months later I feel great!!!

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 09:31:32 pm »
Once more, with feeling! This one will get it done, Jen. You will do great. Just as a courtesy, though, we'll give you a full 24 hours to get your result posted back on the forum. :) Stay calm and upbeat, we are cheering you on.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Jwh

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 09:13:08 am »
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU  ALL ( :

Trust me, I will be using the forum a lot the next couple of weeks.  It feels good to hear from everyone with positive thoughts.  I'll have my husband send an update within 24 hrs of my surgery ( : 
Jen

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 10:12:47 am »
Jen -

great news about the insurance coverage.  I always say that insurance companies are "necessary evils"  ;)  Glad you didn't have to do battle  ;D

Good luck with the surgery.  Is it on the AN Calendar?

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jwh

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 10:49:36 am »
Yes, it's listed on the calendar. 

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 12:35:53 pm »
Jen-

You know I am thinking of you and sending you lots and lots of good thoughts and prayers.  And, you know you are in great hands.  Let me know if I can do anything, okay?

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Jwh

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 07:27:23 pm »
Jen-

You know I am thinking of you and sending you lots and lots of good thoughts and prayers.  And, you know you are in great hands.  Let me know if I can do anything, okay?

Debbi

Thanks debbi

I do have a lot of faith in Dr. Roland and Golfinos that is what is getting me through the next couple of weeks.  I will see them next Tuesday during my pre-op.

robynabc

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 03:29:14 am »
Hi Sweetie,

Believe it or not the waiting for the surgery was far worse than the surgery and aftermath itself.  This happened for us a year and a half ago and now it is just a memory.  Just know things will happen in waves then calm down and I am sure things will be just fine. During this time we stayed away from anything negative and stayed as positive as possible.  It worked for us. 

Good luck,

Robyn
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 03:31:40 am by robynabc »
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.

LisaP

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 06:13:11 am »
Jen, 

Good luck with your upcoming surgery, please keep us posted on how you are doing before and after.  I have my 3rd MRI scheduled in Feb of 09.  So I hoping for good news in Feb.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W