Author Topic: Hi everyone! Zeeks back  (Read 1871 times)

zeek

Hi everyone! Zeeks back
« on: December 21, 2008, 10:02:22 pm »
Hello everyone, it's been along time since I've been on here, but with good reason. I want to encourage everyone that's went thru what we have, to know that things can really turn around for you. I had my 13 hour surgery back in Feb. M.R.I. in August, and another one in Nov. Everythings great. No more M.R.I.'s until May 2009. My hypersensitive hearing in my good ear is finnally settling down to. I used to carry earplugs with me 24/7. Now just around noisey machinery ect. Mentally, I've been back to normal since about Oct. no more panic attacks/depression. I've found that I must keep busy to keep my wits! No drugs. I'v been busy planning Christmas, as well as my Carribean cruise for Jan. I told myself last Feb, if I survive my operation, and have no real disabilites because of it, I would treat myself to a nice 7 night carribean cruise with a balcony room this time.( you have to have something to look forward to) So, I want to Thank everyone on here than lent me a helping hand when things were very bad. And Merry Christmas, and good health! Zeek.

sgerrard

Re: Hi everyone! Zeeks back
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 10:13:16 pm »
Thanks for a great post, Zeek!

Letting everyone know that they get to go on a 7 day Caribbean vacation a year after surgery is sure to cheer some people up.  ;D

Seriously, I am glad to hear that you have left the depression behind you. Keeping busy is the thing, and enjoying life while you do it!

Have a great trip, I wish I was doing one of those.  8)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 04:43:15 pm »
Zeek:

Congratulations on your recovery and thanks for taking the time to post your good news for all to see.  :)  I'm very pleased to learn of your progress in a relatively short period of time.  I only wish I were going on that Caribbean cruise.  Enjoy!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

tenai98

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 07:47:45 pm »
Great to hear Zeek. I also am planning a carribean cruise in 2010 if all goes well with my surgery in '09...
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 07:57:24 pm »
Hey, Zeek, great to hear from you again  ;D

And I have to confess I'm extremely jealous of the Carribean cruise - wish it were me. 

It's great to hear you are feeling so wonderful; definitely a change from some of your posts as a newbie.  It's so nice that everythings turned out positive for you.

Any chance you'll be joining us in Chicago in August for the ANA Symposium?

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

zeek

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 11:11:21 am »
Thanks every one! Tenai98, I hope you have a very successful surgery and can go on that cruise. Keep positive, we all have to have something to look forward to. Lempyrtwins, I don't know, to early to tell. But August here on the farm can be a busy time. Merry Christmas to all!

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 01:24:07 pm »
as i say here in Texas Zeek ....................

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW   :D

we went to hawaii in Oct , 1o months after my AN............what a gift . some things get better , some are permanently changed for sure. BUT the tumor aint up there no more, it wasn't cancerous, as most aren't, and it hasn't come back in any way shape or form

and that's the big 3 for me...............

enjoy that cruise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  we desereve a little bit of relaxing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 10:16:39 am »
Hey Zeek-

So great to hear from you - and to hear you sounding so good!  And I must echo Jan - I'm jealous!!  A cruise in the middle of winter to some place warm sounds like heaven, sheer bliss!  You be sure to have umbrella drinks for all of us, ok?

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanakah, Happy Kwanzaa, etc
Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

wendysig

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 09:04:46 pm »
Hi Zeek!

I wasn't online much around Christmas and missed this thread -- Glad to hear things are going so well for you and I hope you have a great time on your cruise -- you deserve it but I am a little jealous too!

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 09:13:29 pm »
fANTASTIC NEWS Zeek!
It is so great when the little black cloud moves away and the skys part and the sun shines once again.
Life is good, enjoy your well deserved cruise.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

justafactoflife

• Let's Get Er' Done!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 11:55:33 pm »
Congradulations, Zeek!

I hope you enjoy your cruise too!  I too did the same thing after my surgery and as for the cruise, I will never forget the memories we made.   Enjoy Life!
AN 1st time, July 2003
7mm x 4mm x 5mm
Subocital/Retrosigmode microsurgery
St Anthony's Hospital, St Louis MO
Dr Faisel Albanna, MD Neurosurgeon

2nd regrowth 1cm x 5mm x 4mm, Oct 2006
3 FSR using Cyberknife
St Anthony's Hos. Oklahoma City
Dr Clinton Medbery, III MD Radiologist

3rd 1.8cm x 12mm