Author Topic: I'm Getting Plugged!  (Read 6811 times)

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: I'm Getting Plugged!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 11:56:14 am »
I have deloped my own eye cover for night time.  I take a cloth sleep mask (the type the airlines used to give our for free on overnight flights) and I line the inside with Glad Press n Seal.  When I put it on, it kind of sticks to the gel that is in and around my eye and forms a great moisture barrier while keeping the eye closed.  It's a sticky mess in the morning, but I just put a fresh piece of Glad in each night.  It works surpringly well - and my opthalmologist thought it was very clever.  Always good to keep the doctor's amused...

Patti, how do you know if it the plug falls out?  Its so tiny that I can't imagine you'd even feel it...
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Patti

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 03:03:52 pm »
debbi-with my little magnifying tweezer mirror, i noticed i could see little white caps where the plugs are.  i obsessively check my eye and noticed one was protruding a bit and eventually the white cap was gone.  now, if you had permanent duct plugs put in you couldn't see the cap.  the advantage was supposed to be that they don't fall out.  but of course-i had the disadvantage-they migrated and stopped working.  the plus probably made it way to the nearest sinus cavity and could be out of the body now.  i only go with the visible plugs now.  patti
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

calimama

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 12:26:58 pm »
Hi Debbi,

Glad all went well. I am planning to enquire about this option when i see the opthamologist in early Dec.

Your picture looks great. Lots of teeth  ;D. Nice to see you!

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.