Author Topic: Ok - some pics ....  (Read 4677 times)

Denisex2boys

Ok - some pics ....
« on: November 02, 2008, 01:14:05 pm »
Hey everyone .... I want to thank everyone for their continued support - - you all certainly HAVE MINE as well!  Continued annoyances are numbness in head, ear, frozen side of tongue, teeth, gum, throat ... some dizzy spells .... and the horrible headaches - which 'thank goodness' have been getting better the past couple of days .....  oh ya and fatigue ..... but - my facial nerve is getting stronger!!!!

Ok - I am getting brave here .... here are a few pics from the last couple of weeks - -  I apologize for the size .... and for the lack of makeup - Eeks!

Oct. 17th (about 12 hours after surgery - - already in the step-down neuro unit) - after a 12 hour lateral sub-opptical - SSD right now in left ear ....

Home - One week after surgery - Oct. 23rd

Stitches are coming out!  - Oct. 29th

Today - Nov. 2nd (one good thing is the LACK of WRINKLES on the AN side)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 01:18:04 pm by Denisex2boys »
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

jazzfunkanne

Re: Ok - some pics ....
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 01:49:05 pm »
your face looks great did you only have your op a few weeks ago, what size was your AN?
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 02:14:47 pm »
Denise you are looking great!! Thanks for sharing--it does help to see your smiling face.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Tamara

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:22:11 pm »
You look great Denise!  But, I AM curious as to what is on your TV (or computer monitor?) in that last photo??

Tam
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 02:38:21 pm »
Looking good, Denise  ;)

I see some definite progress  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Denisex2boys

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 02:59:14 pm »
Oh my - I just noticed the tv - - it is the KIDS tv channel here in Canada called Tree House - that little icon for the station is in a rather silly spot ........
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 03:17:30 pm »
Denise, you look beautiful!   Awesome photos. 

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 03:45:48 pm »
Denise:

Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to post your photos.  Much appreciated, as you can tell.  ;) 

There is no doubt that you're showing rapid improvement in regaining facial symmetry.  This bodes well for your odds of regaining complete normalcy, soon.  Way to go, Denise!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 04:47:16 pm »
Denise~
You look great!!  Thanks for sharing!

Continued progress!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

NL

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 01:33:42 am »
Hey Denise,

You look great and very happy! (It's the "yeah-the-surgery-is-behind-me" smile! ;D)

Glad to hear the headaches are improving and you're getting some hearing back - that's great news. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Wishing you continued healing!

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 05:29:04 am »
Great news and thanks for sharing your photos.  Your lying in bed with eyes closed brings back memories for me as I did the same for a LONNNGGG time!  Nice to see your facial nerve is improving too!  I do hope your headaches are much better with every day that passes as I know they can be awful!  Make sure you are getting PLENTY of water, 5 or so minutes of eyes closed rest to keep the headaches to a minimum. 

1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Denisex2boys

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 08:09:39 am »
Thanks for the encouragement guys!  I will heed Arushi's advice - - after feeling great for 3 days I was up ALL night with a horrendous headache - which seemed to generate behind my eyes - could not focus and dizzy spells - - I guess even though I feel good at times and could conquer the world - I really need to slow it down at bit ......

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 12:37:57 pm »
Denise-

Girl, your smile looks GREAT!!!  This is one time in your life you should actually be glad to see "laugh lines."  Seriously, you already look so good - your full smile will be back in no time. 

Hope the headaches go away.  Don't forget to take it easy and take frequent breaks to let your body heal.

Debbi, cheering you on from New Jersey
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

lori67

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 04:42:06 pm »
Denise -

Wow!  You look great already!  You can still conquer the world, you'll just have to schedule in some nap times while you're doing it.

Hope the headaches go away and stay away!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

tenai98

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 12:47:02 pm »
Denise, I may have missed it in other post, but what method of surgery did you chose?
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7