Author Topic: New Topic  (Read 1511 times)

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« on: October 02, 2008, 04:18:49 pm »
Hi All,

COMING TO A COMMUNITY NEAREST YOU!

I have been asked to put together some tips and helpful information regarding yoga.  As most of you know, I am a yoga instructor and I am in the process of putting together a helpful list for AN patients.  I will post this under the topic "Yoga", so anyone who is familiar with yoga and wants to continue their practice will find this useful. 

I welcome all comments and questions.
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: New Topic
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 05:44:23 am »
Thank you Karen! I'm hoping yogasue also chimes in here, having met her and she also has fabulous recommendations!

I, for one, would like to learn easy poses and exercises/stretches to do for balance.  Many yoga moves I have learned over the years require standing, sometimes on 1 leg. I use to be able... but.... well, no longer the case. I use a cane for balance/leg weakness (due to non-AN medical issues) and would love to learn of exercises to help counteract it... and make my legs stronger. I can do leg stretches and such from sitting/laying on the floor, but any ideas for standing exercises/stretches to help balance?

thank you, thank you for starting this!

Namaste
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"