Author Topic: The Team of Roland and Galfinos  (Read 3230 times)

wcrimi

The Team of Roland and Galfinos
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:21:03 am »
I'm trying to set up a consultation with Dr. Galfinos about my AN (9mm, 4mm, 6mm).

Dr. Galfinos is in my insurance plan (Aetna HMO). However, I see that most people talk about Roland doing the surgery.

Does Galfinos also do the surgery?

Is he similarly respected?

Will they both be at the consultation?

1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move

jtd71465

Re: The Team of Roland and Galfinos
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 01:06:04 pm »
They both have their hands in the surgery, here's my take:

Roland get's to the tumor, Golfinos removes the tumor.

I had my initial consultation with Dr Roland and then with Dr Golfinos...they will probably offer their opinions to you during these consults.  If tyou decide to move forward they will consult together (without you) and decide which approach will give you the best outcome.

I had both of these Dr's and my offer still stands regarding a phone conversation.

Best of luck,

Joe-
Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 04:09:02 pm »
I didn't have my surgery with Roland & Golfino, since I don't live anywhere near where they practice, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Good luck with your consultations,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 04:19:40 pm »
I`m presently waiting and watching and these are the Drs. I am using. I`ve done alot of research and am happy with this choice. Many people have used them here and all seem very pleased. Good Luck Mickey

marymomof3

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 07:19:16 pm »
Hi.  I had my surgery in March with Drs Roland and Golfinos.  I am under the impression that they work together.  Joe's description above sounds right.  Dr Roland is the Neuro-otologist and Dr Golinos is the Neurosurgeon.  They work together as a team.  My main Dr is Dr ROland, but I believe that's mainly becuase he accepts my insurance.  I would have felt equally as comfortable with Dr Golfinos if my insurance were different.  They are both extremely skilled surgeons.  Also, both checked on me daily post surgery.

I am available if you would like to talk.
Mary
Diagnosed Jan 21, 2008 w/1.8CM AN on left side.  Had is removed on March 19th at NYU.  And I am super grateful for such wonderful doctors!!