Author Topic: LA DAVID is a real "STAR"  (Read 16446 times)

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
Re: LA DAVID is a real "STAR"
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2008, 06:57:00 am »
 :'( .....walks out to mailbox and leans over, stumbles a bit, looks around to see if anyone saw then peeks in...  "Hey, where's mine--SIGH!"
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2008, 03:22:20 pm »
Right there with you, Arushi.  No newsletter, but did get some bills  :P

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2008, 06:50:40 pm »
I didn't even get bills - just a whole lot of junk mail!!!   >:(

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

LADavid

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2008, 08:19:43 pm »
I didn't even get junk mail.  I believe my mail carrier has determined on his own that I am dead.  I'm thinking he is wrong.  But since Michelle and Anne Marie and (Trish?) got their newsletters one may presume that Canadian mail delivery is better (even without Saturdays).  Or Canada is first in alphabetical order over the United States.  Or, have any of you been to Cumming Georgia? (Sorry Judy and Cheryl).  It's a great little town but I am sure that post office has it's own schedule and the quarterly ANA Newsletter may be a massive undertaking.  BTW, I am flattered that 100s, maybe even 10s of you are searching your mailboxes to read something I wrote.  For a person who is hoping to make writing his 4th or 5th career, it's a bit encouraging.  And Kate, I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned the sun-lit surgery floor of St Vincents.  It really did help me come to grips with the surgery.  I'm betting they knew what they were doing.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Kaybo

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2008, 08:44:00 pm »
No newsletter in Nowhere, Texas...but was so busy today (2 VB games. Firgure Skating registration, soccer game and a wedding tonight) that I didn't even get to check!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2008, 10:06:27 pm »
Here in Illinois I'm still waiting - which seems odd since Kate got hers at least a few days ago  :P

Phyl - has the ANA considered sending their newsletter electronically?  I'm thinking mine would get to me much faster that way - plus it might be cheaper for them.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2008, 05:44:24 am »

Phyl - has the ANA considered sending their newsletter electronically?  I'm thinking mine would get to me much faster that way - plus it might be cheaper for them.

Jan

Hey Jan,

I haven't heard anything about e-copy of "Notes".  I would assume they would send in .pdf format if done..... since "Notes" is for paying ANA members, if sent by e-copy, of course folks could forward on too easily to non-paying members, but... on the flip side... they can be easily scanned and forwarded as well...

I know that there are other priority issues right now (ie: next year's symposium planning, etc) going on right now with the ANA office, but the Exec Director is very very open-minded to new ideas......so, if you want to drop her an email (you can PM her here to "Director"), I'm sure she'd be glad to consider the request and would be curious to see what her response would be.... just a thought.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2008, 02:56:47 pm »
Thanks for the response, Phyl.

Actually I email Judy fairly regularly, so I'll fly the idea past her.  As you say, she's always open to new ideas   8)

Jan

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2008, 03:41:16 pm »
Maybe the hurricane delayed some mail?  Probably not, but you never know.  Just an idea.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

robynabc

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2008, 05:41:43 pm »
Hi David,

Very glad you were okay with being part of the group.  I have no idea who you are as far as in Hollywood.  An actor?  I am very glad you are here.  You have had some fantastic comments for us.   I don't have the newsletter.  :(

I guess this is a good place to tell our little story.  A commentator here in Denver (  I just want to protect his identity since I have not asked permission)  had an anerysm and had surgery at the same place Eric did here in Denver.  I emailed them through the network he works at and told them what a fine doctor he had and told him and his wife Eric's story. And gave him our number if they needed to talk.  Well,  they emailed back and we emailed back and forth during the rough times and was a support for his wife to let them know about some of the side effects of brain surgery and the steroids and that sort of thing.  And just recently, Eric got to talk to him.  I think it was really great for him to have someone to talk to about his experiences and they got to exchange war stories.  I think it might be even harder for him, celebrities, because who do you talk to about this stuff?  It was a great experience to become friends with him and his wife.  He is doing pretty good.  And I think he wants to bring Eric to a game and meet him.  Eric is excited.

I am thrilled that you are able to have support here too,  LA David.  How exciting.  Now, I am feeling guilty about my judgement of Mark Ruffalo.  I didn't really mean to judge but I always felt funny about his descriptions of his tumor.  Anyway,  it is fantastic for you to give others your story here David.
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2008, 05:25:39 pm »
I'd be happy to welcome people to Ohio, but the weather seems to keep them away.  Still...
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.