Author Topic: LA DAVID is a real "STAR"  (Read 16443 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: LA DAVID is a real "STAR"
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 04:18:14 pm »
I hope this request is not out of line. I do not have an AN (had microvascular decompression for hemifacial spasm with a side of facial paralysis; thanks for letting me play here!) so obviously I don't get the newsletter. Can someone pretty please scan the article and e-mail it to me? Addy is in my profile.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Kaybo

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 04:49:07 pm »
Sara~
I would certainly share mine - but I still haven't received it!!!   >:(

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 06:38:23 pm »
Yes, I may need a scanned copy too, since I still didn't get mine!

However, I did see our own LA David on "Reba" tonight!!  I've been watching it whenever I can to try to catch that episode and I finally saw it and recorded it!!  Let me tell you, he's the best looking minister I've ever seen!!!   ;)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 06:47:44 pm »
Got mine here in Colorado on the 5th.  What a nice article, David.  Your journey is amazing.  I love Brothers and Sisters.  What part did you play?  They should put you back on there.  Also enjoyed your piece Francesco.  Cindy, you might need to go down to the ANA office and tell them to get a move on it!!!

Nancy ;D ;D
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

LADavid

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 08:06:31 pm »
Thank you all for the compliments.  What I really wanted to write was an us story instead of a me story.  I hope I pulled it off.  And Lori, I'm glad you finally got to see that episode.  I had a great time shooting that.  Reba was great as was the entire cast and crew.  She really set the tone for the show.  It was one of my best memories.  And Nancy, I had just started as Rob Lowes campaign manager -- I was in one scene congratulating him on stage for a win in -- I think -- Michigan while Calista was in a hotel room watching it on television.  I was supposed to be back after the Writer's Strike but my face was not cooperating.  Like I said in the article -- time to move on to something else.  But to be honest with you, I am not really missing much now.  Times are real tough in LA for my actor friends.  The possibility of a SAG strike has really thrown things off here.  But for you "24" fans, I think you are finally going to see last season's shows.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 09:08:15 pm »
Yep! David,  that's who I thought you were.  Is Sally Fields nice?  She is once of my favorite actresses.  And, Rob Lowe . . . handsome dude.   I also loved Zodiac which I read somewhere that you did.  I am sure you will probably always feel a "tug" with your acting, but it sounds like you are not letting this AN get you down.  Thanks for sharing your stories.  Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 09:10:35 pm »
Maybe your agent could work on getting you more roles featuring your feet, or maybe voiceovers? Or the back of your head like Charlie, of Angel fame.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Kaybo

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 09:13:17 pm »
OOOHHH...I'll be one of the daring, action angels!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

LADavid

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 11:15:51 pm »
Nancy -- Sally is a doll.  I got to know her while working on a movie she was directing called Beautiful.  She is incredible. But I have to admit -- the entire cast is a great group of people.  Rob is very cool.  Calista is sweet.  Ron Rifkin is a true gentleman.  As snotty as he could be, Balthazar Getty is really down to earth.  In case you didn't know, B&S is basically the same crew and a lot of the same actors as Alias which shot on a stage on the other side of the Disney lot.  I have a lot of great memories from there.  It was a wonderful experience.  And by the way, Jennifer Garner and Victor Garber are awesome.  You won't find more humble people in light of their success.  There was only one bad egg in the whole bunch. ????  Which is a nod to JJ Abrams.  He was amazing at his selection of good people.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2008, 06:02:36 am »
I feel left out!  Still haven't received my newsletter so I can't congratulate you on your story--I'm so intrigued David! :(
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2008, 07:14:45 am »
I'm with you, Karen, I'm still waiting for my copy of "Notes".  I always get mine late for some odd reason  :P

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2008, 09:44:55 am »
well, David... as the official cursed cruise director of that "oddly named pirate ship".... and having just read an e-copy of the "Notes"........ you truly are a "star"... what a marvelously-written article... truly!  Pics look terrific and thank you for sharing all you did.

BTW, feet will reach/touch the deck.... just be good so we don't make you walk the plank! ;)

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2008, 02:58:46 pm »
Finally received my copy of Notes!

David, that was beautiful.  I am so glad you found your way to this site last Winter and that you've stayed and have shared yourself with us. 

Cindy

rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2008, 10:42:17 pm »
Am I the ONLY one still waiting  ???

I'm beginning to think we should give a prize to whoever receives their copy last.

Yes, I obviously have a vested interested in this contest  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2008, 12:29:08 am »
Gosh, real insider Hollywood scoop! Love it!!  David, I don't know if I could look Ron Rifkin in the face and be civil, after all that he did on Alias! HA  My husband and I faithfully stuck to the series, even if it did get a little wacky.  But, it was fun.  "24" on the other hand is fun, but in a different way. Intense and non-stop. Seems like that would be a hard series to do, to keep the energy level up for each scene. I got my husband hooked on that one, too.  Of course, they have made practically the entire state of California uninhabitable, what with the bombs, and nerve gas, and I don't know what all going off for the last couple of seasons.  But, I loved President Palmer.  Hated it when they "offed" him.  And, of course, I made a conscious decision NOT  to get hooked on so much television, and I haven't seen Brothers and Sisters. Wouldn't you know, that'd be the one show I should have tuned into, to see LADavid.  And I never really watched Reba either, even though I think she's a cutie.

Have a great weekend, everybody.

Sue in Vancouver USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode