Author Topic: NY/NJ Area ANers - Let's Do Lunch!  (Read 2257 times)

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
NY/NJ Area ANers - Let's Do Lunch!
« on: October 08, 2008, 05:42:07 pm »
So, Wendy and I were talking and decided that it would be a great idea to have another lunch in NYC before the holidays.   So mark your calendars!!

Saturday, November 15
Location to be advised
Everyone welcome and we'll split the bill evenly

I will coordinate reservations and find a central location (probalby something between Penn Station, Grand Central and Port Authority and I'll try to quiet  :D.

Anyone interested in getting together for lunch and some laughs, please PM me or respond here.  As we get closer, I'll make sure everyone has my cell number and all relevant details.

Come one, come all!!

Debbi (and Wendysig)
 ;D ;D
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Kaybo

Re: NY/NJ Area ANers - Let's Do Lunch!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:47:37 pm »
Deb~
You KNOW I'd be there if it were just a teensie bit closer... ;)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 08:23:12 pm »
Debbi and Wendy,

Your idea of an NYC lunch sounds great! I had just found this forum when you were finalizing the plans for the lunch this past summer, and it seemed like a really nice thing to do. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to New York on November 15 -- we're having a group of people over for dinner that evening and the date can't be changed. It's sort of a high-maintenance group (i.e., neither pizza nor take-out Chinese will work) so I'll probably be spending most of that day in my kitchen getting things ready. If there's another lunch planned for the future I would love to join you all at that one.

Quick change of topic: Are any New Jerseyans/New Yorkers planning to attend the ANA/NJ mini-conference in Berkeley Heights on October 25? My husband, who's a physicist, became quite intrigued by the radiosurgery/radiotherapy aspects of AN treatment (even though I didn't follow that route) and he's quite eager to learn more, so we're both planning to attend. Never having been to one of these I'm not sure whether most of the attendees are likely to be newly diagnosed folks or those who've already been treated. Can anyone comment on that? I think my AN journey was about as textbook as they come (I'm not complaining, believe me), so I've nothing particularly inspiring to share, but I can at least show my BAHA.

Catherine (JerseyGirl2)

Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 10:00:55 pm »
Can't make it, but could you mail me here in Oregon one of those exceptionally good pastrami on rye sandwiches you can only get in an east coast deli? Mustard, with a dill on the side. Thanks.  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 09:31:34 am »
Catherine - yes, my husband and I are attending the ANANJ event in October, so I look forward to meeting you!  I think it will be a blend of "old and new" probably.  I know several others who are going who are all post-treatment.

Steve - you're on!  One pastrami on rye coming at ya!

Kay, you'll be with us in spirit!

Okay, who else is on board here??
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

wendysig

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 07:58:23 am »
Debbi,

You know I'll be there of course.  I hope at least a few more people can make it.  As always, the more the merrier.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 09:03:49 am »
well..... if you all meander just a wee bit north (to Worcester MA) and plan it for Nov 9 at 10am.... you all can join us at the ANA Discussion Forum brunch :)  The "Apple Dumplin' gang rides again!  (hint-hint)

xo

Have a great time!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"