Author Topic: Started the Massage Technique..........Now...........  (Read 3165 times)

28Lisa

• pre opt
Started the Massage Technique..........Now...........
« on: September 10, 2008, 11:42:55 pm »
Started two days ago with my daily care giver(VNS). My nose started bleeding from yesterday

Is this normal? ???
A.N. 4+cm, 9/11/07 @ NY Presbyterian Hospital, Dr. Phillip Stieg
post opt - partial facial paralysis on left side, total hear loss on left side, speech altered, loss of taste, smell,balance, loss of sensation on right side from shoulder down, low motor skills, eye weight 11/07

Kaybo

Re: Started the Massage Technique..........Now...........
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 09:55:25 am »
Lisa~
I never got massages during my recovery, but I did get nosebleeds (had NEVER had them before surgery).  I can't remember exactly how long I had them, but know I had them (& maybe just started then) when I returned to work at 3 months.  I had them march-May of that year, but then I think they just kind of went away...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 11:20:10 am »
Hi Lisa,
I have been having massage and no nose bleeds.
Last night I got a nose bleed. I think I have been over doing it a little as I am back to work as a kindergarten teacher, and with meetings and a couple of late nights I am pooped so maybe that explains mine. Dio you have a dry nose? Sara (your so smart Sara, suggested Vaseline for dry noses. I have tried many thing and that and lacilube are the only things that work]. Maybe that would help you?
Michelle  ;D
Have a great day Lisa - I hope they are taking good care of you! I have been thinking of you and saying a little prayer. I have a daughter who is 25, so you have been on my mind. Take care.

Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

calimama

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 05:01:27 pm »
I don't know about facial massage or nose bleeds, but whenever i have had a dry nose (pre-surgery), I always used an over the counter saline nasal spray. It is a natural, comfortable, drug free option and works well. I learned about this (and the use of natural tears) from travelling back and forth from Canada to Australia... those long haul flights are so dehydrating!).

I guess the only issue is to be sure you are past any risk of CSF leaks so as to not miss out on knowing if this is happening (since i think it can present as a runny nose).

Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.