Author Topic: Save the Date for Chicago ANA Convention August 14-16 2009  (Read 150980 times)

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: Save the Date for Chicago ANA Convention August 14-16 2009
« Reply #540 on: August 15, 2009, 04:26:49 pm »
Jim, Cheri - miss you and wish you were here.  Lots of great education, but the highlight has definitely been meeting other "forumites.". We are planning a grp hat shot tomorrow - for those of us who have them and remembered to pack them.  Gala dinner is tonite - none of the posties will be in heels!  LOL. 
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #541 on: August 16, 2009, 12:30:26 pm »
I wore wedgies!! Pink ones!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Kaybo

« Reply #542 on: August 16, 2009, 02:24:26 pm »
& boy were they cute too!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #543 on: August 16, 2009, 03:15:47 pm »
I hope you folks in Chicago are having a good time.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #544 on: August 16, 2009, 10:10:43 pm »
I wore wedgies!! Pink ones!

Capt Deb

Now how did I miss those?  I must have been focusing on that new "Steve original" you were sporting later in the evening  ;)

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #545 on: August 17, 2009, 12:25:22 am »
Steve and I just rolled into Portland from the airport- our flight was delayed. We tried to log on here, to the forum, but the wi-fi would not connect

Captain got left behind in Chicago- as her flight was cancelled...

(Still waiting for an update... Captain tell us once you land back home- and how you be.)

Capt'n Deb rode in the taxi with us sporting this fantastic Pirate hat...

BIG NEWS!

4 people were presented with ANA awards at the huge ballroom Gala banquet...

Our Pearly Whites won the volunteer award ... we are SOOOH proud of her.

:-* :-* :-* :-*

You folks are so awesome- it was great to meet you.

THe next one is in Cincinnati in 2011... Anne Marie I hope you come. Maybe we could be roomies... I was the only Canadian...

Virginia Fickel Ehr is an amazing woman- I am so glad to have met her.

I am sure we will post some pics soon.

Jet lagged and tired... but so glad I went. It was SOOH worth it.

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #546 on: August 17, 2009, 05:39:21 am »
none of the posties will be in heels!  LOL. 

I was in heels, m'dear!  :-*  (granted, I had my "peg leg" to help the cause.....)

Yep, Kate... raised a rukus for sure (even had one of Chicago's finest in the elevator yesterday follow me towards our room.... until he stopped at the ice machine on our floor to fill up the water bottle!).... remind me and Deb and Taylor and Taylor's mom to share about us Pirates at lunch on Friday (or was it Saturday?) as we came marching in to sit at the Forum lunch tables...... I have to commend the ANA for recognizing the Discussion forums as we had special name tag labels for the forumites... were recognized at the opening ceremonies, etc.  That shows how much ALL of you do to help the cause around here! I even had Dr. Wiet (Dr. "Dad"), when he gave me hugz, commenting on our pirate gear.. the forums and all that is done around here. Told him he's buying lunch next time I'm in town... he noted as long as I was pirate gear again! :)

Dazy Hazy Lady.... SOOO glad you and Steve made it back safely to the "other" coast ..... even after the delays.... and thank you...... ;)  xoxoxo

What a fab time... for me to try to list all that I met... from Timb, Debbi, Lilan, MaryAZ, Jan, Lori (wearing a slightly tilted halo... and her lovely family!), Steve, Kaybo, etc... . just too many names for me to list... but most of all.... our fearless Captn Deb..... after 4 yrs...... with MAJOR tears flowing as I left for the airport yesterday........ and all the happy tears shed this past weekend...... YOU all are what make me who I am. Truly!

BTW, Kaybo...... thank that spouse of your's for returning my pirate flag, the scurvy scallywag that he is......... LOL!  Hoping curlie girlie is feeling better and I'm sure the girls will be tickled to have you home!

Ok, I'm wiped, back to office job (and forum whip wrangler)........

Hugglez to all!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #547 on: August 17, 2009, 09:47:08 am »
p.s.  Just read where Capt. Deb, as of 9:36 this a.m., was STILL at the airport!  Arrg!
Cheri

Just spoke to her on the phone and she's boarding the flight as I type..... will track her flight to make sure she FINALLY get's back home.  I have some pics that desilu sent me but on home computer (on work laptop from office right now... I know, I know... shame on me!). Will post them later today.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"