Author Topic: Cape Cod Bay Challenge  (Read 5898 times)

cindyj

Re: Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 02:08:49 pm »
That's great, Bob!  Know you enjoyed it despite not being able to paddle.  Thanks for the update!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 03:15:42 pm »
Hey, Bob ~

Congratulations on a very successful fundraiser!  I'm so pleased to learn that it was such a good event and that you were there to enjoy it, even if not in the paddling mix.  Wait 'til next year! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

joebloggs

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 04:12:23 pm »
Hey Bob,

So glad it was a massive success... as I said, I may be there next year... so far I've got the London Triathalon as a happening thing next year, so I might as well really over extend myself by committing to the CCBC too!  It's all about not letting the fear that you can't do things the same anymore because of the tumour/balance issues get you... fight fight fight!  Right, I'm to bed, I did 9 hours at work today and I'm knackered - was only on 6 hour days last week... back at full pelt now!  Boo!

xx
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

sgerrard

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 05:28:56 pm »
Excellent. Glad to hear it was a big success for a worthy cause.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.