Author Topic: Save the Date for Chicago ANA Convention August 14-16 2009  (Read 151220 times)

LOIS

Re: Save the Date for Chicago ANA Convention August 14-16 2009
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 11:35:22 pm »
I'd love to come to meet everybody face to face.  My sister visited Chicago earlier this year and loved it.  Never been there myself.  Info on hotels and stuff?

Lois
Diagnosed 07/08   1.2 x 1.1 cm. left AN Retosigmoid surgery 08/08 with Dr. Bartels  @ Tampa General Hospital

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2008, 09:15:04 am »
Lois -

the symposium is going to be downtown at the Drake Hotel.  The ANA will be giving us more information in the very new future - both on this website and through their newsletter "Notes".

It would be awesome if you could make it  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2008, 11:46:43 am »

PS - Lori you can crash on my couch anytime - although the kids tend to snack there, so it's probably full of crumbs and sticky stuff.  Hope you won't mind  ;D

Nope, I don't mind - then I won't have to get up to eat!  You need a dog - they do a good job of taking care of the crumbs!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2008, 08:34:55 pm »
Looks like a few got missed.

Updated list: Phyl, Kate, Jan, Deb, Kay, Marci, Steve, Lacey, Sue, Cindy, Anne Marie, David, Lori, Karen, Cheryl, Tom.

And Phyl again, in case I forgot her.  :D

Steve

After all that, I noticed I had not added my name to the list either <grins>

Thanks Steve:-)

PHYL
Kate
Jan
Deb
Kay(no better place to use free airline tickets)
Marci?  (chocolate cake and beer for turning 50
Steve
Sue
Anne Marie wants to be there
Lori
Arushi
Cheryl R.
Meagan
LA David
Lacey
Tom
Sue
Karen
Lois

My how we are growing:-)
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2008, 07:17:01 am »
Kate -

how funny leaving off your own name  :D and then none of us noticed it  :P

Don't want to leave you out  :o

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2008, 04:43:15 pm »
Was shopping my heart out with a friend (we were there for a conference but ditched the afternoon sessions to shop.) It was November, and holiday shopping was in full swing.  After hitting up several stores, my husband (who I assumed was safely back in Ohio and unaware of aforementioned shopping) called me on my cell to ask me where I was and what I was doing.  Alas,  I was busted  and had to fess up because the credit card company called him to alert him to a spate of charges in Chicago!  I had this conversation with him with many people around me and these perfectly nice complete strangers were laughing themselves silly just listening to me grovel. Holiday spirit I guess.

Now when I go out of town I warn the American Express people. I also told them it they ever called my husband again I would kill them in their sleep.

:D

And Kate, I agree. Chicago has it all and remains one of my favorite US cities.
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Kaybo

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2008, 06:07:27 pm »
Marci~
Love it!!
What is a girl suppose to do, I ask?? :o

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2008, 07:11:12 pm »
Marci,

Isn't it nice that you can be the source of entertainment for so many?

And what were those credit card people thinking?  Calling the husband??   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2008, 07:32:03 pm »
Insider info here......thank goodness they did call the home phone number on your file.  They are doing their job and protecting you from credit card fraud.  They really do watch for any irregular charges.  So all those that are going to attend the ANA Convention in Chicago next August, notify your credit company and shop until you drop!!!!  Or you can be like my cousin and when you make an ATM withdrawal take an extra $20.00 or $40.00 and put into the coffee pot or tea pot of your good china set that's in the china cabinet.  You'd be amazed at how much $$$$ she has collecting for shopping emergencies.   For Teresa it avoids an argument no extra charges on the credit card bill.  Gosh that woman can shop!!!

Trust me I'm not like that I'm a banker remember, I watch all of accounts with eagle eyes ::)

Anne Marie

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:34:32 pm by yardtick »
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2008, 07:52:14 pm »
Discover called our house once because two charges were made at Staples just a few minutes apart. I guess they thought my husband might have left my card behind and another person used it. I explained that he often splits business and personal purchases. I called my husband right away to make sure I was right -- and I was.

They also called once when he was on a business trip to make sure the expenses were valid -- like your Chicago story, Marci. I wonder who writes the programs to flag questionable charges. Are we really that predictable?

I had to notify our bank when my daughter and I went to Costa Rica, or they would not have allowed any ATM transactions. It was a pain because I found out at the last minute, but the safeguards are there for our protection.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

sgerrard

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2008, 08:10:39 pm »
I got a call once when I bought my nephew a Play Station Portable at a local electronics store, then went and filled up the tank. Apparently stocking up on electronic goods and then filling up the getaway car is an MO of credit card robbers.  :o

I think we all figured that Kate and Jan were automatic entries, since we are all camping in their living rooms the night before the conference starts.  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2008, 09:03:18 pm »
As is purchasing outfits at Ann Taylor immediately followed by Sephora (make-up) and Starbucks.  If that's not an MO for credit card fraud I don't know what is!

On the other hand, had I phoned my bank before traveling to the Netherlands last year I would have learned that my visa/atm card was invalid there because that country is on some kind of a list.  Must be the prostitution and drugs, but really, we were there as tourists and practically ran out of cash.  Learned that lesson.  But Amsterdam, who would have thought?

3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2008, 10:34:40 pm »
No problem on camping in my living room, Steve.  Just don't ask to stay in my basement - it will probably still be full of water in August   ::)

BTW, mind if I ask what cost more the Playstation or the tank of gas?  :D

Marci, since my birthday is in September and Lori's is in October, we'll both be giving you our wish lists in August so you can buy our very expensive gifts in downtown Chicago  ;D 

A few suggestions - Tiffanys, Godiva, The Hershey's Store.

Am I'm leaving out any of your favorites, Lori?  I hear Marci has some very large limits on her credit cards - should be plenty of presents for both of us   ;)

Jan

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2008, 05:37:19 am »
Discover Card caught not 1, but 2 frauds on my accts.... 1 of them... some twit in NJ used my acct number over Christmas shopping timeframe and bought $3300 worth of jewelry on my acct. Discover caught it before me, their Fraud Dept phoned me to ask me about it... told them I hadn't been to NJ in over 20 yrs... go figure.  Also maintain cc fraud protection on my home owners to play it safe.

There was some Symposium updates in this issue of "Notes"... .sounds like December is the time to do all the bookings. Not sure if the bloke can make the trip but as it stands today, I'll (hopefully) be there.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2008, 06:46:39 am »
"Hopefully?"  Phyl  :o

You are one of the numerous forumites I'm looking forward to meeting - I hope your response turns into more than a "hopefully". 

Still haven't gotten my issues of Notes, as it seems I'm always among the last - is this somehow tied to the number of hijackings on the forum?  If I don't "behave", I get my issue late?  LOL

Anyway, will the info from the December issue be on this website also?  I'm a little concerned here, because I'll probably get my December issue in February  ::)

Jan - trying to be "better"  ;)