Author Topic: It's Moving...  (Read 10078 times)

mimoore

• Believe!
It's Moving...
« on: August 22, 2008, 04:48:15 pm »
... my lip is moving. I am having tingling up to my nostril so am hoping for more movement. :o :o :o
I have been so excited to share this with you all, I am 79 days post op and things are starting. At first I was so reluctant to post I know that feeling, reading of others progress and feeling excited for them but feeling so down and depressed that it was not happening to me. The uncertainity of not knowing whether the nerve would regenerate on its own and if I would ever get movement back just about killed me and the thought or more surgery made me feel even worse. In the end I would have done whatever it took and Nancy's progress had inspired me to research nerve grafts, had I needed to go that route. I understand how low one can feel and thought "How could my face be this frozen and EVER come back?". I decided to post the news to give others hope and not to give up. I have NO patience and this certainly has taught me a lesson, no matter how much I wanted it I could not make it happen any sooner than it was ready to.
Life is good. Thanks for listening.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

LADavid

Re: It's Moving...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 06:06:08 pm »
Yea Michelle!!!! ;D  That is absolutely great news.  I remember going through what you've been dealing with and how miserable I was.  I can certainly understand your emotions (especially the "no patience").  And I laso know how trilled you are now.  That smile will be back soon.  Keep us posted on the progress.
 Best wishes.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 06:21:07 pm »
Michelle~
YEA!!!!  Always let us celebrate with you!!  There are those of us out here that will NEVER get any movement back, but at least for me, I am truly happy for others because that means one less person will have to deal with all of this (& a lifetime of stares!  ;))

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 06:28:56 pm »
Michelle, that is wonderful news. Tingling nostrils and lip movement - it is starting to heal. Keep the pace gentle, and keep on recovering!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 07:29:03 pm »
Thank you David, K and Steve,
This truly is a wonderful place. Thanks for your support.
Michelle  :D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 07:37:47 pm »
K I have been reading your blog - what a beautiful family you have. You must be so proud. I too am blessed with three daughters.
Thanks for sharing that with us.
Michelle  :)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 08:37:08 pm »
Such wonderful news Michelle,

I hope you've had a nice glass of vino or whatever your choice of alcoholic beverage to celebrate!!  Maybe same good Canadian beer ;D

Keep moving my friend,
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 09:43:10 pm »
I'm officially jealous.

Happy for you,
Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 10:59:52 pm »
party time! :)

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 06:32:06 am »
Michelle, I always love a good party time.. and its definately time to celebrate! Congrats to you and continued wellness wishes!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 07:47:22 am »
Congratulations, Michelle.  Outstanding news - very exciting!  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 08:21:43 am »
Thank you everyone. Hang in there Sara, believe and it will happen.. sending moving vibes to you friend.
Michelle  ;D

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 10:16:53 am »
Michelle-

Wahoo!!!  That is wonderful news and I hope it is just the first such tingles and movements. 

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

martyc

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 03:41:30 pm »
That is so exciting and encouraging!  Thanks for sharing.  I'm 3 mo post op and still have paralysis.  Hard to keep hope alive that it is temporary, but one day at a time!  I'm having an external gold weight ordered to help in the meantime.  Continued blessings to you in your recovery!
Marty

Marty

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 03:52:03 pm »
Right back at ya Marty! I still have a long way to go... it is very hard to see unless I point it out. See, see, here, right here see it's moving, look closer see. Come on tingles... Hang in there... patience (oh that is such a bad word). Sending healing and moving vibes to all.
Michelle  ;D