Author Topic: 2nd Time Around  (Read 4641 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 2nd Time Around
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 03:21:58 pm »
Hi, Lynn:

I'm delighted to learn that after 17 years, your AN has NOT returned.  Of course, I'm probably not as delighted as you are.  ;)

I don't have much to offer on relieving the tinnitus (mine is very mild) but if you type 'tinnitus' into the 'Search' box at the upper-left-hand side of the page you'll be taken to a long list of threads that concern every aspect of tinnitus which should help aim you in the right direction. 

Again, congratulations on the fantastic news that you do not have a re-growth. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sgerrard

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 07:52:08 pm »
Also glad to hear the news, Lynn.

There is a forum for tinnitus that might be worth checking out: http://tinnitussupport92262.yuku.com/directory. You can also look into the American Tinnitus Association, http://www.ata.org. As you can tell, it is a fairly common symptom.

Since it is all in your head, I think it helps to try to think to yourself "it is not sounds" - because it is not sounds. Your ears are not involved; it is neurological activity in your brain and nerves. I don't know why, but convincing myself it is not really noise makes it more tolerable. I can usually ignore mine and notice it only when I think about.

Very cool that you do not have regrowth. Non-fat MRIs rule.  8)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

wendysig

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 02:40:49 am »
Hi Lynn,
Congratulations!  I was very glad to hear you definitely do not have a regrowth!!  I hope the tinnitus gets better, I'm sure it can be maddening.  I've been very lucky-- the slight tinnitus I have is so quiet I only notice it when it is very quiet, ususally when I am alone.  On the rare occasion is gets louder(iusually when I am very stressed out about something) it is quite annoying.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!