Author Topic: CSF leak surgery date  (Read 1874 times)

Sammict

CSF leak surgery date
« on: August 22, 2008, 12:36:21 pm »
Hi Everyone

I have my csf surgery leak scheduled for 9/15/08 thye determined the location was on my right side behind my sinuses. I 'm a little nervous. looks like my AN surgery won't happen til next year. I am a little dissapoited but the doctors say this needs to be done first.

I had some test last week to determine the location of the leak and they went very badly. I was scheduled for a lumber punctur to remove fluid for testing and they were supposed to insert some dye at the same time for a cat scan so they could see the exact location of the leak.

The hospital messed up and forget the dye. I had to have two lumbar punctions within an hour of each other. The second one was very painful I got an instant headache.

Two days later I was the emergency room vomiting and felt like my head was going to explode. I still don't feel 100% still having headches and recently my eyes are bothering me

I 'm a little nervous about having another lumbar punction for the surgery. I was wondering if anyone had a similiar experience ???

Thanks Sam

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: CSF leak surgery date
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:48:19 pm »
Wow, Sam, needless to say you have been through a lot  :(

I hope the surgery scheduled for the 15th goes well.

In the meantime, hang in there.  Things will get better.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 02:31:08 pm »
Sam

Oy... I wish I had words to truly help ... and I'm so sorry that you are going through all this.... but know this... I'm thinking of you and sending my wellness wishes....  I'm so sorry you are going through all this... hang in there.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 03:59:51 pm »
Sam:

I'm so sorry to learn of the problems you're enduring.  Please accept my wishes for the strength to see this through.  My prayers will be with you on September 15th.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyj

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 04:38:14 pm »
Oh, my gosh, so sorry...glad they did find what they were looking for and wish you the best on the 15th

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

wendysig

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 12:03:10 am »
Hi Sam,
I am so sorry for what you are going through and hope your headache and eye issues will clear up soon -- you've been through so much.  Stay strong,  I'm sure everything will be okay in the end.  In the meantime, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Sammict

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 12:58:48 pm »
thanks everyone for your well wishes

wendysig

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 02:48:03 am »
Sam,
If you haven't already done so, please post your surgery on the calendar so we all remember to wish you well and send good vibes your way.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!