Author Topic: Here's a provocative question  (Read 23793 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Here's a provocative question
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2008, 10:54:20 pm »
Oh, boy!  Phyl is really going to slap our hands when she finds these posts  ::)  but as K pointed out, who could resist us  ;) - or you?  I'm not sure if I'm included or not  ???

Lori, I have to admit that the BAHA "snap" was a tough one to fake, but the super glue worked wonders.  Note to others, don't try this at home  :D

As far as the Land Shark goes, if we can find some in Chicago in August, I'll buy you, Kay, and Dave some! 

I know this is totally off topic, but I read last night that K's Pick-a-Weenie is named Latte - and I got a huge chuckle out of that!  Sometimes you guys are just my entertainment du jour  :D

Keep up the good work girls!  My life would be infinitely more boring without you!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2008, 06:28:19 am »
*shakes head* ::)

chcolate and beer.... I'll pass on that one... as for what I would say in looking at the whoopla here.....

Well, this land shark is asking you all to:  1) get back on topic since this is in "Inquiries" and has gone WAY too far off topic.... or, 2) to keep the chocolate and beer (echhh!) going, be moved to AN Community.

Trust me... I may not be logged on, but I'm watching VERY VERY closely!

Pick one folks......

Signed,
Water-logged in New England from some wench named Hanna
(and no... experiencing one snowstorm in Boston doesn't count... not until you live through a true "Nor'Easta'")
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2008, 08:50:17 pm »
Oh no!  :o  She's found us!!!  :o
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2008, 09:38:01 am »
I guess we can't just buy Phyl a beer to keep her happy.  I gather from her "Ecchhhhh-ing" that she's not a fan of beer.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2008, 10:26:20 am »
In keeping with the subject matter of the thread, perhaps we should offer her a foreign beer, as opposed to a domestic beer  ;)

lori67

« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2008, 10:39:00 am »
Good thinking.  Perhaps a Guinness - and a side of fish and chips.  And we'll call her on her cell phone while she's eating/drinking.  Don't forget the chocolate.

There... totally back on topic.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

LADavid

« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2008, 12:39:10 pm »
Now see what you've done, Lori and Jan!  Here I was trying to initiate some high-level, sophisticated research on the causes of ANs and because you two were goofing around, Phyl got mad and put us in the basement.  All that research stuck down here where no one will see it.  Now we'll never get a grant.  And we were so close to a cure.  Chocolate and beer.  Such poppycock.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

lori67

« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2008, 12:56:11 pm »
It was Jan.  Remember - I'm the angel!   :-*

Lori

Kaybo

« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2008, 12:59:54 pm »
I sure didn't have anything to do with it...I was just anwering Jan's beer questions!!!!   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2008, 02:31:10 pm »
Okay, I'll be the grownup and accept the responsibility for K and Lori.

Sorry David!  If we promise to stick to the topic maybe Phyl will move us back - but you may have to sweet talk her.

Good luck,

Jan

LADavid

« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2008, 04:20:08 pm »
Do you think a chocolate bribe would work?
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

Kaybo

« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2008, 04:23:23 pm »
I guess beer wouldn't...   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2008, 06:14:34 pm »
Okay, I was going to get in on this thread, but I don't know where to start!  It's interesting, the initial question, because I'd wondered the same thing at one point in my AN journey.  So, I think this is an interesting thread.  Also, since genealogy is one of my hobbies, I'm finding it appealing that way.  I am like 99.999% Northern European mix, but my 11th great grandfather was the first Italian immigrant in New Amsterdam and was killed by Indians on Long Island back in the 1655.  I'm very proud to be 11 generations removed from Pietro Cesare Alberti, even though any DNA from him was diluted to nothing many generations ago.  However, since that family line is one of my more interesting ones, I'm still claiming to have a few molecules of Italian. ;) ;D   

I would love to have $100 I don't know what to do with, so I could send away for my DNA kit from National Geographic and after receiving my contribution they will track my haplogroup be apart of their Genographic Project.  So maybe David, you'll have to track haplogroups and such!  Hmmmmmm?

There are still a few salmon and sturgeon swimming in the Columbia not far from me.  And I eat fish, but not that much.   No Hatchery work, however. 

When I came in here and found this thread, I still have the taste of chocolate in my mouth from the last remaining dark chocolate chips left in the bag. 

I love most alcohol, and I do like beer. We in the Northwest have every kind of micro brews available and there are too many to count.  My father, when he was a lad, picked hops in the Willamette Valley.    I don't drink much of it, however.  Alcohol, these last years, will initiate a very uncomfortable hot flash, and that has ruined my appreciation of a nice glass of wine or beer.  I find it more with the wine.  But perhaps, that's more information than you need for your grant, David!

I've only been stuck in one snowstorm, and that was in Oregon.  Never been to Colorado, but would love to go.  But then, I'd love to go most anywhere.

I limit my cell phone use.  When I was using it more, it would annoy me the way the phone got hot, and I decided not to use it so much.  I use a cordless phone day to day, and cell phones for quick calls. 

Perhaps AN's can be treated with acupuncture.  Wouldn't that be something to find that out?  Perhaps that is why you don't see many Asians at House. 

So, David, there you go.  Don't think my statistics will help much, but you never know!  ;D

Have a good week everybody!

Sue in Vancouver USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2008, 06:38:26 pm »
Do you think a chocolate bribe would work?

nope, I'm on a diet.. try again.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:43:55 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

LADavid

« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2008, 06:48:30 pm »
Hmmm.  Tickets to an Angel's game.  ;)

(Now I know every thread I  start will be sent to the basement)

BTW, sorry about Brady -- seriously.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.