Author Topic: This week 9/15 in the wacky wonky-headed AN world  (Read 3128 times)

LADavid

This week 9/15 in the wacky wonky-headed AN world
« on: September 14, 2008, 09:47:50 pm »
First up on Monday, Sam (Sammict) has his CSF leak surgery -- finally.  Hopefully this will stop the headaches and the aggrevation.  Good luck Sam.  Please keep us posted.

Then on Wednesday, Cathy (Doglover) has an appointment with the Tube O' Gloom -- sorry for that Cathy, it's just so appropriate -- it's her first MRI post surgery.  Good luck Cathy.

Then the next thing has me confused -- which is how I have spent most of my life -- it says on the calendar that CWood meets a new neurotologist.  Cherie, I though House was a done deal.  Nancy and I have made great plans to welcome you to LA.  Right Nancy?  Nancy?  Dodger tickets.  Lunch with the stars.  Personal tour of Glendale College.  Back me up on this one.

And finally Hurricane Ike survivor Brian (Pooter) has his 38th birthday.  What? Didn't think I could do the math?  Happy Birthday.

If ya got something special, especially surgery, don't forget to add it to the calendar (on my signature line).  Hope everyone has a great week.
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

lori67

Re: This week 9/15 in the wacky wonky-headed AN world
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 10:16:40 pm »
Wait!  David - lunch with the stars??? If I had known that was one of the bonuses, I might have booked my surgery there instead of Nashville!  We have stars here too, but mostly country singers, and I wouldn't know them if I tripped over them anyway.   :D

Good luck to everyone having surgery, MRI's, various appointments!  And Happy Birthday Brian - and as Jimmy Buffett says... "this year gone by ain't been a piece of cake".  Let's hope the coming one is!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

sgerrard

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 11:12:26 pm »
Best wishes for the CSF surgery, Sam. It's your turn for something to go well.

Enjoy the free MRI rock concert, Cathy. It will show all is well.

Happy Birthday, Brian. I wish for you a calm, peaceful, uneventful day - something you haven't had in a while.

Lori, your 7-12 jump is coming up next week. Time to start working up some good vibes for that, too.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 11:38:35 pm »
Cheri:   I like to keep things tidy so I removed your House consult notation on the AN Treatment calendar.   ;) 

Sam, your CSF surgery will have my hopes and prayers for positive results.  Cathy, I wish you a good MRI experience and a positive report.

I also wish Brian (Pooter) a happy birthday, good luck with the new job and dryer, better days.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 05:40:37 am »
Sam, sending MAJOR good vibes for today!  Good vibes... good vibes!!!!!!!!!

Cathy, keeping fingers crossed that the "tube o'gloom" is not going to be gloomy and give you fab news! :)

CWood..... looking for the updates..... hope the appt goes well!  BTW, make sure LADavid buys you lunch on his newly-attained big SS $$$!  He be the rich one now! :)

As for my Pooter..... HAPPY BURPDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  MWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 06:42:17 am »
I was confused about Cheri's consultation/House decision too.  Good luck to everyone - you're in my prayers. 

I know it is not on the calendar, but Doonalynn's MRI is today also and we really need to keep her in our prayers.  They do regular MRI's to monitor her anuerym and the last one is when they found her AN so she is very nervous!!

Good day to all!  ;D
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 01:59:18 pm »
Good luck to everyone!  And, Brian, Happy Birthday - my this be a better year!
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

NL

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 03:36:09 pm »
Wishing Sam, Cathy and Donnalynn all the best possible results this week!

And Brian - wishing you a DRY and SUNNY week for your birthday...followed by a GREAT YEAR!

David - glad we're back to welcoming Cheri to LA. (The Glendale College tour may have to wait - too many hills for me right now. ;) )

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

LADavid

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 08:25:34 pm »
Nancy

Did you see that post on posting pictures?  It was today.  Scuse me folks for the aside to Nancy.  We non-techies have been trying to figure this out. I did it once but I think it was a fluke.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

NL

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 12:36:08 am »
Hey David,

Thanks - I found Cindy's post with instructions today. Hopefully you'll see yourself in the morning.  :)
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 06:00:17 am »
David, you do a wonderful job withthis calendar of events!  You are much appreciated!!
Happy Belated Birthday to Brian......................I hope it was a great one  (you've got power so it can't  be all bad)
Best wishes, good thoughts and lots of prayers to all those having tests and surgery this week.

Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 06:01:56 am »
David, you do a wonderful job withthis calendar of events!  You are much appreciated!!
Happy Belated Birthday to Brian......................I hope it was a great one  (you've got power so it can't  be all bad)
Best wishes, good thoughts and lots of prayers to all those having tests and surgery this week.

Brendalu

BRENDA!!! I was looking for updates from you!!!!!! Thrilled to see you have power and are posting.... prayers have been answered! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 01:12:29 pm »
Yes, Phyl, lots of prayers have been answered......................................you are a Sweetheart...thank you for all of yours.
Huggs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Lamsue23

• My "Magic AN Scarf" l day after surgery!
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 04:28:55 pm »
Let me express my heartfelt prayers to everyone on their CSF leak, MRI's, surgery etc.......We are all praying for you and anxiously waiting on the great news.   Also, Brian Happy 35th Birthday......wishing you that you will have all good news from now on......You surely deserve it!
SueL/from NH
Retrosigmoid Surgery 8/6/2008 DHMC, Lebanon, NH 7.5 hrs.
Dr. Erkmen - neurosurgeon
Dr. Morrisson - neuro-ostology
Loss of hearing 70% in left ear.
Vision and Balance issues...Taste!!