Author Topic: I survived  (Read 12900 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: I survived
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 07:36:53 am »
I'm running in to give AnneMarie a healing huggle!  :-*

(btw, nice pic, CherylR! ;) )
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Cheryl R

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 08:05:22 am »
You can say thank you to Phyllis for finally getting it figured out and see that it got on right.     I  much appreciate her effort.                      I have my share of not so good pics with having had my share of facial paralysis and I don't have the best movement on the right but look ok just at rest.
This was taken 2 days before my April surgery.   
My Michigan daughter is back and now over to her sisters so she can spend time with her little nieces so I am off to there and will be the next few days alot.   
                                                      Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 09:53:15 am »
Great picture Cheryl, its so nice to put a face with the names and comments.

I just got a call from the Dr office, I have to bring my CD's from the CT scan and 2 previous MRIs I had done before he was my Dr.  Could the result be back from pathology all ready?  My tummy just did a flip or two....

Anne Marie

P.S.  Wendy thanks for Louie's birthday wishes....he's smiling!!!   :-* to you!!
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 10:26:37 am »
Anne Marie

"My tummy just did a flip or two...."

Think positive thoughts and don't flip out- yet.

Hang in there!

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

yardtick

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 11:34:29 am »
Oh Daisy,

Thanks for the words of encouragement.....I can always count  on you :-*  Dam I do not nderstand why I didn't sleep last night.  I was up until 4:00am, today I feel yuckie, but I good nap this afternoon should help.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 01:48:10 pm »
Hi Anne Marie-

Keeping fingers crossed that all the news from here on out is GOOD NEWS!  Hey, after all, Louie deserves nothing less - and neither do you!

ARe you on any meds post surgical?  If so, they may be disrupting your sleep. 

Tell Louie I had a nice grouper in olive oil and lemon and herbs at a little Italian joint in NYC today! 

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 01:59:55 pm »
Anne Marie -

I'm hoping the call from the doctor's office is the beginning of some good news for you.

As I'm sure you know, it's very normal to have "good" and "bad" days post op - even in the case of sleeping or not sleeping or feeling "yucky" or not.

You did so fantastically the day of your surgery, you're somewhat "entitled" to a less than stellar day today.  I'm sure you'll be back on track soon; just give it some time.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 06:34:23 pm »
Hi Ann Marie,
I hope the doctor has only good news for you -- you deserve it.  Please wish your hubby a "Very Happy Birthday" for me tomorrow.  Hoping each day gets a little bit easier and you feel a little bit better.  Even if a bad day comes now and than as it probably will, I hope the rest of your recovery is without further incident.  II'm sending lots of healing thoughts your way!

Best wishes for a smooth recovery,
Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

yardtick

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 07:58:41 pm »
Thanks Wendy,

All the best for you tomorrow!!!  I can't wait to read your progress reports.  Safe operation and a speedy recovery!

Anne Marie :-*
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 09:54:12 pm »
 8) My neuromuscular facial retraining therapist and my neuro ophthalmologist finally met in person today.  8) We were all in the same state at the same time. (She is based out of San Diego and he in Portland OR). I introduced them via e-mail and we all came together and today I "braved the botox"…

(Actually I hardly felt it being injected 8))

Remember when I made this post for help?…
http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=5846.0

Well I found one! … And she came to me (by coincidence she was already coming to Portland for a different reason to visit) Thanks to Jackie Diels telling me about her successful graduate... It was a successful visit - and she is now willing to come here (Portland) to help others, on quarterly bases, in addition to me. So today she returned and met my neuro-ophthalmologist (in person :)) … and a partnership was made. ;D We hope to have them both present to our Portland ANA group -later this fall.

I survived the botox injections :) (so far anyway) even to write to tell you-all about it.

My success on getting help would not have happened if it was not for all my AN buddies input here… thanks to those who hover around the “ facial issue â€? button on a regular bases- (hey Anne Marie. ;))  Thanks to vcschaub especially – in my survival story here.

Keep moving forward!

DHM

P.S. OH...My new neuromuscular facial retraining therapist  is  ... drum roll please..."Wanda Crook"
http://www.bellspalsy.ws/centers.htm
&
http://www.feldenkrais.com/practitioners/find/browse/USA/CA/San%20Diego/

This is my neuro ophthalmologist ... Dr. John Ng
http://www.ohsu.edu/health/meet-our-staff/doctors/doctor.cfm?id=11302

IE in the Pacific Northwest we now have a "neuro ophthalmologist AND facial retraining therapist team" TOO!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:15:43 pm by 4cm in Pacific Northwest »
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

yardtick

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 08:24:30 am »
Way to go Daisy!!! You're strong like Bull too ;D

I asked my Dr about botox as I was leaving the OR on Tues because I've been having hemifacial spasms.  He just laughed and said one thing at a time Anne Marie!

YES, I felt EVERY injection I received prior to surgery on Tues and even the top ups. 

I slept very well last night and later today my girlfriend/hairdresser is going to wash my hair.......HEAVEN!!!  I'm even going to apply a bit of make up too.  Since its my hubby's birthday I thought I give him a treat.  I'm sure I'm looking pretty scary at the moment! 

My face is hurting a bit today and the incision is itchy....I good sign I hope.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

yardtick

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 04:38:26 pm »
Lucky me I had my hair washed today and gosh did it feel good.  This was my first outing since my surgery on Tues.  I'm exhausted!!  I walked to my girlfriend's house which is three blocks away.  Pauline drove to our girlfriend's to get our hair done.  I got back home and had to have a nap.

Louie came home and we took our youngest son to driving school than to the grocery store to pick up a few thinks....phew....you would think I've worked a 20 hr day.  I managed to season and put a few chickens in the oven and poor Louie has to do the rest and it's his BIRTHDAY.  Poor bugger, I'll have to make it up to him later..... when I've got my energy back.

Who know day surgery with a local could be so taxing on my body....or am I getting "old"?  I even turned down a trip to the mall ???

Oh well my oldest son did pick up a nice Italian rum torte for Louie's birthday.  I have energy to eat that ::)

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 09:00:18 pm »
Happy Birthday Louie!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 10:51:04 pm »
Who know day surgery with a local could be so taxing on my body....or am I getting "old"?  I even turned down a trip to the mall ???

Anne Marie -

you most certainly are NOT getting old.  Actually I think that's Louie's job today  ;)

Surgery even with local anesthesia, as opposed to general, is still surgery and does take a toll.  In addition to the surgery, you probably had some anxious moments - and dare I say stress - leading up to the surgery so that probably plays a role too.

Try to get some rest the next few days and you'll most likely feel better.

Hope Louie had a great birthday,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2008, 07:49:24 am »
Hey, did I hear someone say "Italian Rum Torte?"  I'm on may way!!  :D

Anne Marie, hopefully a nice dinner with Louie, followed by the afore-mentioned rum cake made you feel better!  And, I hope you wake up this morning feeling refreshed (and that there is some rum torte left for breakfast!)

all the best and lots of hugs,
Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com