Author Topic: I survived  (Read 12901 times)

Cheryl R

Re: I survived
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 07:16:14 am »
Annemarie.    Wow!      There is no way I could do what you did.         I am so glad that you did so well and even could tell us about it so soon.                     I hope you do well today now too and stay comfortable.                      Hopefully this is going to be a good outcome for you and helps how you have been feeling!
                                                    Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 07:44:01 am »
Thanks my AN family for all of support and well wishes.  I still can't believe I laid there for 90 minutes well they worked on me.  The look on the nurses face was pure amazement. 

I actually slept deep and well last night.  My neck hurts this morning from laying mostly on my right side.  I get to remove my lovely head dressing today.  My girlfriend Pauline came over last night while I drink a bottle of water and her and Louie had a glass of wine, she said I should just tell my neighbors I had a face lift.  You see we were sitting on the porch and most of my neighbors are foreign and elderly.

I'm just relaxing to on the couch today...no laundry, housework or cooking dinner.  I'm going to get caught up on the Young & Restless and watch whatever I want for a change!

Thanks again everyone for you support and well wishes,
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

sgerrard

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 07:52:23 am »
So when do we find out if it worked? Can you tell a difference yet?

I know, patience, patience. But I wanna know!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 08:03:21 am »
AAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!  We wenches be tough as cannon balls! We don't need no wimpy anesthetic!  Just give us an ole bullet ta bite on and drill away, right-o!!!!!!  Bzzzzzzzzzzz..................      Good on you fer showing your pirattitude wiv them nursies and grittin' yer teeth and gettin' through the whole shebang still afloat. Enjoy yer time in sick bay.  Your deck chair and brelly drink awaits..........

Hugs,

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

yardtick

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 08:40:50 am »
Okay, you have to see my lovely hair do!!!  No forget that, I look like the "Bride of Frankenstein" not the bride of "Luigi"!

Thank goodness my girlfriend Chris who is a professional hair dresser can work wonders on me.  I'm seeing her Friday for a gentle but a deep cleansing wash. 

Gosh I wonder what type of gel they used on my hair so I can buy some form my sons....they use more hair products than I do ::)

Anne Marie

P.S. Some pain today but the tylenol 3's are working.  Cheap drugs are so wonderful :P
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 09:14:59 am »
Hip Hip Hooray!  Yeah!!! Yahooo
Way to go my Canadian Sister 8)

HUGS

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 12:15:13 pm »
Ann Marie:

Great story - now that you've survived the procedure. 

You certainly are a tough lady and I admire your fortitude in the face of this scary situation.  I'm so glad you got through it O.K. and trust that it will mean an improvement in your well-being from this point on.  Good job!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 12:36:20 pm »
Anne Marie-  You are one rockin' lady!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 01:09:26 pm »
Anne Marie -

I'm so glad to hear that day 2 is going well.  You sound marvelous - even if you don't currently look like yourself with that lovely new hairdo  ;)

You are one tough cookie and I'm sure the boys and Luigi are taking good care of you.

Make sure you get enough rest and keep us updated on your progress.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 04:15:45 pm »
Ann Marie,
Glad to hear you are doing well today.  As everyone else said YOU ROCK!!!  I am still in awe taht you had this surgery under local anesthesia.  Keep us posted I am anxious to know if your problems with your facial neuroma (hopefully now gone) are over.  I may be out of touch fof a while myself as my surgery is the day after tomorrow.

Sending you healing thoughts and energy,

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

yardtick

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 04:59:49 pm »
Oh, I had a lovely snooze this afternoon.  I had a CHEAP fluffy pillow I bought awhile ago that was sitting my closet and it was so divine to rest my head on it.  I was actually able to carefully place my left side of my head on the pillow.  I floated of to sleep once a was comfortable.  I feel refreshed and the left side of my neck isn't as sore or stiff as it was this morning.

I have my follow-up appointment for next Wed at 10:45am.  My girlfriend Pauline and my friend/hair dresser Chris and I are going to make a day out of it in Toronto.  For me this is a win win situation.  LUNCH and SHOPPING with the girls.

The weather system here in Southern Ontario has been very wicked with severe thunderstorms and hail.  Prior to yesterday I'd be in bed with a major headache.  Today I was in bed because I was tired.  I know I'm still on the t-3's and the toradol, that might be a factor, but I feel amazingly better.

Once again thank-you my AN family for your well wished and support.  What great news Marci is doing really well.  Now Wendy's operation is on Friday.....good luck and the best possible outcome for you my dear.  Remember Friday is a special day....my hubby birthday's so the stars are all aliment and your surgery is going to very successful!

I love all of you.........the silver lining to this journey!!!  AN amazing group of people.....HEROS in my eyes.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 11:11:23 pm »
AN amazing group of people.....HEROS in my eyes.

Anne Marie -

I'd say you're one of the biggest heroes among us  ;)

Some of you guys have been through so much.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 05:45:50 am »
Hi Anne Marie -
I hope today is another good day for you.  Thanks for you good wishes I hope you are right about hte star being in alignment for a goo outcome.  I do feel pretty confident this will be the case.  Tell Luigi I said "Happy Birthday!"  You have been through so much yourself that I truly hope you are now, finally on the road to recovering and it will continue without further incident.  I look forward to reading your posts and hearing good news from you when I get home and am up to going on line again, hopefully by the end of next week.  For now I am sending good healing thoughts your way.

Hugs,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 05:56:45 am »
Nothing like a soft, comforting pillow, is there? 

I think the whole eastern seaboard has been miserable this week - hot, humid, thunderstorms - whew.  Doens't help the wonky-headedness for any of us.

Anne Marie, I still can't believe how good you sound!  A great atitude (not to mention a great husband, family and friends) really does help - and you are a shining example of that!

Happy birthday to "Dr. Louie" tomorrow!!

Debbi, off to see Dr. Roland today...
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2008, 07:15:26 am »
I'm hijacking this thread to say Cheryl R nice to see your profile photo  :D

I know you were having trouble getting it to work; glad you finally did.

Jan