Author Topic: BAHA battery change  (Read 11257 times)

lori67

Re: BAHA battery change
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 09:48:16 am »
Mine only whistles when something comes near the microphones.  Like if I lean my head back on the back of the couch or sometimes my sunglasses set it off.  That's actually how I can tell when the battery is getting low - it just whistles differently.

Sometimes other people can hear it, but only if it's really quiet, in which case, I probably wouldn't have it turned on anyway.

The other day I ran into a old friend who has to hug everyone, and she leaned against my BAHA and it whistled and she kept apologizing about hurting my ear.  I just told her it probably hurt her ear more than it hurt mine!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

wendysig

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 08:20:57 am »
Jan,
I think your kids like to press your buttons since they obviously know how to!  What can you do, can't liive with them, can't live without them!!

Lori - Having your friend hug you and hear your BAHA whistle could only happen to you!!!!  I'll bet she was very surprised and thinks twice about hugging you again.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 09:40:07 am »
Actually, she is a sign language interpreter and spends a lot of time with deaf people and people with various hearing aids, so I'm sure it wasn't much of a surprise to her!  Although, I did see her yesterday and she didn't hug me!  Maybe it did hurt her ear!   :o

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.