Author Topic: BAHA battery change  (Read 11264 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: BAHA battery change
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 07:58:43 pm »
Wow, Bucko!

Yes, please post a picture of the key chain!  I'm really excited about this - can you tell  ???  :D

Steve -

glad your BAHA envy hasn't prevented you from posting on this thread.  Never considered how non-BAHA users knew when to change batteries.

Now I'm the jealous one - my Divino doesn't beep when low on battery  :(

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sabuck

• Buck & Sons Landscape Service, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 07:19:06 am »
Jan,
Sure doesn't take much to get you excited huh?  :P
OK...just for you...here is my nifty cool key chain battery holder from Microbatteries.
Your Divino batteries may fit more since they are smaller. Not sure though.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:00:05 am by sabuck »
Approx. AN 2.5 cm prior to surgery on 10/7/07)
(Cerebellopontine Angle Tumor)
The Ohio State University Medical Clinic (Drs. Brad Welling & John McGregor)
SSD post op - left side
BAHA surgery 4/25/08 Dr. Brad Welling 7/3/08 for Baha use!

JulieW4

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 03:58:20 pm »
Wow, thanks for the pictures.  As a future BAHA user I found this topic very interesting.  I love the keychain.  I will want to get one for myself.

Julie
2.7mm X 3.7mm AN
misdiagnosed for 13 years
complete hearing loss on right side
Had Translab surgery on June 30th, released from hospital 48 hours after completion of 5 hours of surgery
BAHA abutment surgery on Oct. 31st, received processor on Dec. 4th

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 01:39:24 am »
Bucko -

let's just say I live a semi-boring life  :(  ;)

Thanks for the picture.  Does the keychain come free with a battery order?

Also, what color are the Intenso batteries?  The Divino ones are orange.

I can't wait for Lori to get back from vacation!  I think she'll love the keychain so much she'll want to add it to the BAHA gift packs we hope to market someday  :D

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sabuck

• Buck & Sons Landscape Service, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 04:38:23 am »
Jan,

Free with the order. Nada.
I was actually pretty excited too so I guess my life is semi-boring too.  ;D
Approx. AN 2.5 cm prior to surgery on 10/7/07)
(Cerebellopontine Angle Tumor)
The Ohio State University Medical Clinic (Drs. Brad Welling & John McGregor)
SSD post op - left side
BAHA surgery 4/25/08 Dr. Brad Welling 7/3/08 for Baha use!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 10:05:12 am »
You know, Bucko, sometimes it's the little things in life that mean the most  ;)

Glad the key chain was free - I'll definitely check out the site and order some batteries as I need some; need a new keychain too  :D

What color are your batteries?   Just wondering for future reference; in case someone asks me.  Yeah, I know the odds of that are small; but I like to be informed  ;D

Jan

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 10:09:47 am »
I bought my batteries in bulk from www.soundbytes.com.

Ellis -

just got around to checking out this link.  Very cool  8)

In addition to batteries, lots of nice products for those of us with hearing issues - kind of like a toy store for the hearing impaired  ;)

Think I'll be spending some money here shortly.

Thanks,

Jan

1wareagle

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 06:32:52 pm »
Jan,

It is a great site for those of us with hearing problems. All I have bought from them is a box of batteries over a year ago. I still haven't use half the box yet, changing batteries every 2 weeks. I'm sure when I need to reorder I will buy more than just batteries.

Ellis
Ellis- Age 50- Mississippi
3.2 cm AN Translab w/ BAHA Surgery
@ House Ear Clinic - LA - 01/04/07    Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hilselberger, Dr. Stefan
Platinum weight in right eye-Dr. Roberts
Right side facial paralysis (slowly getting movements)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 06:39:29 pm »
Ellis -

if you do purchase some stuff, please give us some feedback on what you buy.

Thanks,

Jan

sgerrard

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 07:57:28 pm »
if you do purchase some stuff, please give us some feedback on what you buy.

Hopefully you buy something that does not give feedback, though.  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 10:00:45 pm »
Very amusing comeback, Steve  :D

lori67

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 12:29:02 pm »
Jan, I can't believe I just saw this!  Apparently my body got back from vacation, but my brain is lagging behind on the beach somewhere.

Anyway, my battery seems to last at least 2 weeks, but I don't wear it all the time either.  For my keychain, I got one that holds 2 batteries and is a battery tester - so I can test how strong my battery is!  Is that cool or what?  I found it online somewhere, but I'd have to look and see what the name of the place was.

I bought my batteries at Sam's club.  The big package was a lot cheaper there than buying the smaller packages elsewhere.  But 60 for $25.00 is even better!  I think I'll check that website out! 

And just as a word of advice, the BAHA will not work without a battery in it, as I found out a few weeks ago when I forgot to put a battery in.  Oops.   :-[

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2008, 09:19:23 pm »
Lori -

following your example, I guess!  I just now saw your post. 

Vacations - for work or for pleasure - can sure take a toll  :P

I actually had my BAHA go completely dead one day recently; I just stopped hearing any sound out of it.  Big clue for me that I needed to change my battery  ::)

As time goes on, I've learned to reach up and touch my BAHA so that it whistles.  This serves two purposes for me - one, I know my processor is attached to my head (because honestly I can't feel it and sometimes forget it's snapped on) and two, I know the battery doesn't need replacing.

I'm sure anyone standing near me thinks it's very strange to hear my head "whistling", but I really don't care  :D

Jan - rebellious as ever  ;)

wendysig

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 04:45:03 pm »
Hi Jan,

All this information about BAHA and batteries is very interesting.  All things that will come in handy in the not too distant future (I hope anyway)  How loudly does your BAHA whistle when you touch it?

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 11:23:27 pm »
From what I gather, it's doesn't whistle too loudly, although it's hard for me to tell since it's attached to my head and obviously the tiny microphone in the processor amplifies the sound.

My children claim they can hear the whistle.  But they told me that only after I specifically asked them - so they may have just been lying to me  :P  They also used to tell me they could see my BAHA under my hair, but I tested a few of their friends who didn't know I had one and they said they could see absolutely nothing.  So let's just say that my children aren't always truthful - but they didn't get that from MY side of the family  ::)

Anyway, I don't want to give you the impression that my BAHA whistles on a regular basis.  It only whistles when I purposely make it do so.

Jan