Author Topic: Bucko's new processor!  (Read 5275 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Bucko's new processor!
« on: July 02, 2008, 05:39:56 pm »
So, Bucko -

I was just going to hijack Catflower's thread to send you huge wishes for your big BAHA day tomorrow, but I thought you deserved a thread of your very own :D

Plus I'm getting a pretty bad reputation around these parts for hijacking  ;)

I know I looked forward to my own processor day with much anticipation, so I'm fairly sure you have been doing the same.

If you like your processor half as much as I like mine, you'll be thrilled  ;D

Best of luck.  Don't forget to tune in tomorrow and let us know how it goes.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Catflower

Re: Bucko's new processor!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:15:16 pm »
Hey Bucko:  You're going to love it.

Linda

wendysig

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 09:09:49 pm »
Bucko -
Good luck tomorrow from one with BAHA envy to another.   After tomorrow you won't have to envy anyone!  Hope your experience is great!!!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 09:16:22 pm »
Uncle Buck~

Hey, hey good luck!!  (As my kids would say, "I made a rhyme!!")   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 09:47:55 pm »
Bucko -

Have a great BAHA Gotcha Day!   ;D

You're going to love it!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 02:53:53 pm »
Bucko -

where are you?  I'm looking for feedback on that brand spanking-new processor!!!

Yea, I know it's still early in the day, but I'm very impatient and I stayed home from work today in your honor  ;)

Hey, I needed some excuse to get out of the office  :D

Droll Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

oHIo

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 03:26:32 pm »
Jan...he drove down here to Cincinnati to stock up on his Dawn and toothbrushes since you and Lori haven't been able to get the BAHA kits together.  ;D

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 04:44:03 pm »
Ah, that explains it  ;D

By the way, do they still make the blue Dawn?  I've been using green lately - on the dishes - not my head  :D  but I think the blue would match the Cochlear toothbrushes better than the green would.

I'll have to talk to Lori about those BAHA kits; last I heard she was trying to make money off of some eye patches that one of Trish's relatives was sewing for her.

Jan

sabuck

• Buck & Sons Landscape Service, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 04:19:05 am »
Thanks a million you guys. I was going to just continue posting on Jan's but....Golly gee!  :P

Ok...so my appointment was at 3:00 yesterday. Like the goob that I am I arrive at 2:45 with my Baha box in tow. The receptionist tells me "The doctor is running a little behind today. He's running about an hour and a half behind schedule." What else can I do but go sit my butt down on a chair in the waiting area?
So I am sitting there. I am impatient. A woman that is also waiting must be tired of hearing my continued sighs and huffs of impatience because she throws me sidelong glances. I retrieve the paperwork for my warranty card and get it all filled out. I check the other paperwork to make sure that I have everything filled out. I am feeling like a caged cat. I am thinking that what matters if I slap on my processor now or later? It is my day to "plug in" so what the heck?
There is a TV to the left side of the reception desk that is on but the volume was too low. It was some crappy show so I really didn't care. Despite a sign on the TV that says "If you cannot hear me, please turn my volume up." No thanks.
I snap it on. I am hearing hospital sounds that I had not been hearing before and the crappy TV show. Mind you I could not hear every word but I could hear it which is weird because I thought you only hear as good as your good ear. I begin to feel guilty and take it off and wait dutifully for my name to be called.
Baha moment two - I am leaving in my car and I had to turn my radio down a bit.  :D Cool!

Negative Baha moment.... Get home and am talking to neighbor gal outside. I swat at a mosquito and knock off my processor.  :-[ Not cool! Second negative moment was leaning my head back on the couch to watch TV at home. Feedback if I don't place my head correctly.

I will post some pix sometime this weekend. Thanks again for sharing my moments with me!
 ;D
Approx. AN 2.5 cm prior to surgery on 10/7/07)
(Cerebellopontine Angle Tumor)
The Ohio State University Medical Clinic (Drs. Brad Welling & John McGregor)
SSD post op - left side
BAHA surgery 4/25/08 Dr. Brad Welling 7/3/08 for Baha use!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 07:42:53 am »
Nice story, Bucko!

You and I are two very similar people - I wouldn't have waited for the doc either  ;)  I'm just not a patient person.

The negative moments are a bit amusing actually.  Sorry to be amused at your expense, but I can just picture you swatting at the mosquito and knocking the processor off  ::)  What was the neighbor's reaction?

Anxiously awaiting the photos  :)

Jan

lori67

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 11:07:45 am »
I'm shocked that you two wouldn't do exactly what the doctor said!   :D  Of course, I ALWAYS do. 

Ok, maybe I tried mine out a bit prior to meeting with the audiologist...  don't tell...
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

sabuck

• Buck & Sons Landscape Service, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 01:02:40 pm »
OK gang. As promised.....here are some pix. For the guys, it was raining today and I wanted to show how my hat fits over my Baha and keeps it dry. I do not get feedback either.  ;) I am really happy about that!

Approx. AN 2.5 cm prior to surgery on 10/7/07)
(Cerebellopontine Angle Tumor)
The Ohio State University Medical Clinic (Drs. Brad Welling & John McGregor)
SSD post op - left side
BAHA surgery 4/25/08 Dr. Brad Welling 7/3/08 for Baha use!

lori67

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 01:41:46 pm »
Very nice!  Now you're the Bionic Man!

By the way, your house looks beautiful!

Lori

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 07:15:53 pm »
Bucko -

lovely pictures  ;D  I knew I did the right thing by giving you your very own thread  :D

And Lori's right!  The house is beautiful - cute dog too  ;)

I'm glad you posted a picture of your site - which BTW looks like it's healed very nicely.  The picture I posted of my site is kind of blurry and hard to see - even though I paid my son good money to take it  :(

Thanks for sharing,

Jan 

Kaybo

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 10:13:28 pm »
Dog?  or Cat??
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!