Author Topic: Ear clogged w/ garble  (Read 9504 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Ear clogged w/ garble
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 02:42:18 pm »
HA HA! You got to have a sense of humor!

Ain't it the truth  ::)

Keep smiling, Mickey  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Mickey

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 04:15:02 pm »
Had the audiogram today with what the Dr. called "subtile changes". Right now going over everything examining all possibilities. I do feel alot better, lets see what happens? Talk soon, Mickey

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 04:28:50 pm »
My advice, for what it is worth..... Watch subtle changes. Find out what your readings are and what they mean. Have a second audiologist's opinion, maybe a third. You have time to see if it is allergies or AN. Good luck and I am cheering you on.

Mine was AN. Last year at this time I had perfect hearing. I am functionally deaf for the last couple of months. I have very distorted hearing on the right. So distorted I can't understand a thing said on that side. It always feels full and I have dizziness. It has not changed appreciably since my CK. I wish I had caught it before it was too far gone. I am learning to cope with it and probably will have my cochlea destroyed to get rid of some of the side effects. Sad to do to a perfectly normal ear but the vestibular nerve is shot. Then, as others, I hope to get a BAHA so I can hear on that side, again. Hooray! ;D

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Mickey

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 04:36:58 pm »
Hi Mary! I already know I have an AN. Just in Wait and Watch mode unless somthing comes up that makes it time to take it out. Going thru audiogram and have a scheduled mri in 3 months. It`s just that I had symptoms that bothered me but seem to be going away now. Good luck Mickey

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 04:47:16 pm »
Hi Mickey,

I said that wrong. What I meant is if your ear symptoms are from AN or allergies. Sorry...I think my brain is dead.  ;D

I am so glad your symptoms are going away! Hooray! You sound like a very sensible person.

Take care,

Mary

Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Mickey

Steriods?
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 04:51:51 pm »
Doc mentioned treating with steriods? I need some opinions here! Thanks Mickey

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 09:32:40 pm »
Mickey,

I live in Denver and go up to the mountains a lot (probably 20 times or more each year).  It is not unusual for people going up in altitude to have problems with their ears popping, etc.  I have never had a problem at all with my ears until this past winter.  Two times as we were driving up to go snowshoeing, my AN ear started clogging up, and I could barely hear.  When we came down from the mountains I didn't feel any change for about 45 minutes.  It freaked me out, and it gave me an idea of what it might be like to have major hearing loss in the AN ear.  Like I said, I have never had this happen before, and it seemed odd that it would happen now after living here for 16 years.  This past year I had slight growth of AN and some hearing loss.  I might just be looking for something that in reality is not related to the AN.  I think I have become hyperalert to just about everything related to balance, hearing, etc. since I found out that my AN has grown.  Weird.

Nancy 
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

Mickey

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 08:12:45 am »
Hi Nancy! Yes, I guess thats true you kinda go on hyper alert. Well I`ve since been feeling better with the clog gone and will be starting a short couse of steriods on monday. 25mg. 2times a day for a week. Dr. says this may help going into the future. I don`t think it can hurt and will give it a try. Have a nice weekend. talk again soon, Mickey

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 03:27:28 pm »
Mikey,

Glad to hear that the clogged ear is better.  Steriods make me severly depressed.  Would hate to be put on them and have to be on suicide alert at the same time.  I have bipolar, and it is stable.  Would hate to mess with it since it took me a long time to get to this place.  Maybe there are other options for swelling that I could try.  Guess this is a guestion I have to go over with my doctor before having GK or CK.  Thanks for sharing.

Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs