Author Topic: I have my approach -- just waiting for a date  (Read 13320 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: I have my approach -- just waiting for a date
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 12:56:35 am »
Lori & Jan~

Here's the deal:  I WANT TO HAVE FUN & BE WITH Y'ALL -- I DON'T WANT TO TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE don't make me do it

K *runs out of room sobbing*

K -

have you been bugging my house  :o  Do you realize how many times I've said this very same thing in the last 12 years!!!  ;D

Pack your bags and grab your straw, K.  I think Lori will agree that we should ask Steve to take care of the kids.  If he's really smart he will teach them all to knit, so he can keep up with production.  Child labor - it's been done before  ;)

Lori -

I'm beginning to think that you and my daughter are conspirators.  She has an answer for everything, too  ;D

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 01:05:56 am »
I think Lori will agree that we should ask Steve to take care of the kids.  If he's really smart he will teach them all to knit, so he can keep up with production.  Child labor - it's been done before  ;)

Now this I like. I will dust off my Mark Twain, and brush up on the patented Tom Sawyer "painting this fence is fun - I'll let you try it for a nickel" routine. Not only will they all be knitting, they will think they are lucky to get the chance, and have a great time! 'Course the hats might come out funny looking, but that was probably going to happen anyway.

Did someone say margarita?

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 01:31:37 am »
Actually quite a few people have said margarita today  :D

Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2008, 08:31:23 am »
Jan & Steve~
An excellent choice for the children!!!  I feel so much better already!  Where are the little umbrella drinks (i still need them after yesterday's adventures!)???
Thanks for solving my problems so quickly...
K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2008, 09:14:45 am »
Okay, but I give it an hour before Steve realizes he is outnumbered.  He should be tied up in miles of green yarn by then while the kids run off to the nearest toy store with nickels in hand.

Jan, just because your daughter is a genious (like me), it can't possibly be my fault!   :D  Perhaps you should bring her to the symposium...we could discuss debating tactics...My favorite is "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull "poop"."  (Beware of the censors...).

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2008, 10:59:02 pm »
Lori -

if I did bring my daughter to the symposium she would be too busy shopping on Michigan Avenue to even consider hanging out with you  ::)  No offense.

She told me just the other day that she is thrilled we are going to NYC next month, because apparently they have the largest Tiffany's store in the USA.

Don't know where she plans to get the funds to buy anything there though.  I think the batteries in my BAHA might just be dead that day  ;)

Jan

wendysig

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 09:26:04 am »
Jan -
When are you going to be in NYC and what are you  going to be doing?  If we're not in Florida and I'm inot in the hospital, I would love to meet you.  I'd be glad to come into the City and meet wherever would be convenient for you!  Our  kids are about the same age,girls  are 11 (well 12 on July 2) and 13 (14 on August 3).  So they might enjoy meeting each other too.  Let me know if you think this is something you'd like to do.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 09:31:37 am »
Wendy -

Jan and I will both be in NJ - at the shore the week of July 12th and were planning on trying to get together.  Where are you?  Maybe we can have an AN party!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

lori67

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 09:32:59 am »
Oh, and Jan, I would be happy to accompany your daughter on a shopping spree - just give me your credit card and I'll make sure we use it wisely.   ;D

Lori

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 09:46:49 am »
Wendy -

as Lori says, I'll be in NJ (Spring Lake) from 7/10 - 7/14.  I will be in NYC on 7/15 & 7/16 and returning to NJ on 7/17.  My two children (boy/girl) turned 12 on 2/29.

An AN party would be great  ;D  I think Debbi is also somewhere in NJ and there may be others - I say the more the merrier.  Maybe we should plan something definite.

Lori -

thanks for the offer to take the daughter off my hands for a short time  :D  I have to warn you though, the her attitude is less than stellar these days  ;)  Shopping will definitely perk her up though!  And don't worry about the credit card; although mine are all maxed right now, Steve said he'd give you one of his.  Wonder if that's part of the moderator expense fund plan  ;D

Jan

wendysig

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2008, 07:22:56 pm »
Jan & Lori -
I'm not sure of the exact date, but we are coming home from Florida probably the 15th or 16th .  I might have to go for pre-testing on the 17th ot 18th, but maybe I can put that off until the following week.  My tentative surgery date is the 24th.  If it is at all possible I would love to get together with all of you!!!  I'll talk to my husband and try to make this work!   I live in Staten Island, NY which is not far from thr City (what we NYers call Manhattan) and not too far (maybe an hour or two)from parts of the NJersey Shore.  What town are you going to be in again?  It would be fantastic if Debbi could cime too.  I have no idea of where she lives, but I think she'd try.

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

wendysig

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2008, 07:28:02 pm »
Sorry for the typos. I was typing one-handed and eating a dripping ice cream cone in the other.  I actually managed not to get it on the keyboard.
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2008, 07:44:50 pm »
Oh sure, eat ice cream without us...

Well, I'll be in Seaside Heights from the 12 - 19th, but I'll be in various parts of South Jersey a few days before and after those dates.  I haven't figured out where Spring Lake is yet, but plan to look that up one of these days.  I think Debbi is up North, if I remember correctly.

Heck, everyone come on down to the beach - we'll find room for everyone!

Lori

Kaybo

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2008, 07:49:52 pm »
I WANT TO COME!!  I'll be in Baltimore then - that's a LOT closer than Texas, but I am afraid not close enough!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2008, 10:59:32 pm »
Lori -

my brother lives in Summit and he says that Spring Lake is about an hour away from him - although knowing my brother he drives VERY fast.  He's always doing dangerous things, so we like to joke that he has a death wish  ;)  I also know that Spring Lake isn't too far from Sea Girt - if that helps.

I've heard of Sea Girt - actually know someone from college who lived there - but I have no idea where it's located  ::)  As you can tell, I'm geographically challenged :D

K -

wish you could come.  I've been dying to go to Texas, but don't see it happening anytime in the near future.  I'm taking the kids to NJ/NYC in July and going to MN myself in August.  If nothing else, hopefully we can all get together in August 2009 at the ANA Symposium.

Jan