Author Topic: I have my approach -- just waiting for a date  (Read 13351 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: I have my approach -- just waiting for a date
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 11:01:16 pm »

Personally, I think Jan went out and got a miniature model of a BAHA, along with the real one, so she could scare us into thinking she has enormous hands.  :D  I have no idea why she would want to scare us, though. Lori and I are as harmless as tiny little fleas.  ::)

What is this?  Let's all pick on Jan night  ???  Anyone else want to participate in this obviously fun-filled activity LOL

You're cracking me up here, Steve.  But that's one of the reasons I hang around this forum  :D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 05:25:07 am »
Jan, Lori and Steve -
Thanks, you really made me laugh!  I am feeling much better this morning and any residual self-pity is definiitely gone.  It just takes too much energy that I could be using for something more positive.  Hey Steve, I want some of those chocolates too!  Jan, no need to whack yourself in the head, but maybe Steve if he doesn't share those chocolates.  Doesn't he know better.  He's surrounded by women!  Lori, thanks to you.  You always crack me up.  And by the way, when I eventually do get my BAHA I want a purple toothbrush with my name in diamonds too, so start working on those gift baskets!!

WEndy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 08:32:15 am »
Hey, did someone say chocolates????  I'm menopausal - you don't want to mess with me, or withhold chocolate...

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 08:35:47 am »
It was Steve  ;D
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 09:23:41 am »
Steve, i think you might want to add an extra layer of cushioning to your knit hat.  Sounds like you're in for a few good knocks to the noggin!

However, if you just hand over the chocolate and step away.....no one has to get hurt.... ;)

Wendy, our budget doesn't quite allow for diamonds at this point.  We can do the purple toothbrush and I'll just borrow some silver glitter from my daughter and glue it on there.  You'll hardly notice they're not real diamonds.   Just make sure you put extra "goop" in both eyes before you use it. 

I'm so sorry I went to bed before Pick on Jan night was over.  We'll have to schedule another one.  Before Phyl gets back.. she always make us play nice...  ::)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 12:30:32 pm »
I'm so sorry I went to bed before Pick on Jan night was over.  We'll have to schedule another one.  Before Phyl gets back.. she always make us play nice...  ::)

Yeah, were is Phyl when I need her - and her censorship wand ???

Lori -

I'm a good sport so if you want to extend Pick on Jan Night, I'm game.  Just remember your time is coming  ;D

Because Wendy is Wendy and I really like her sense of humor, we might have a little something in the budget for cubic zirconias  ;)

And taking away silver glitter from a small female child - good luck with that!  I'd make sure she's napping  ;)

Jan

wendysig

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 01:08:19 pm »
Lori -
I guessif it has to , silver glitter will do (heavy sigh!) .  Are sure you can wrestle that glitter away from your daughter?  I lend you ours but my daughter wont't let me have it.  Maybe I'll sneak into their bedroom when they're not home.

Jan - Thanks for the thought but I don't want to break the bank of Lori's budet before you two get this gift basket thing off the ground.  Hmm, maybe I'll be an investor!  Then the three of us could be big time entrupeneurs (spelling?)!  We'd be a sure hit with the BAHA gang!

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2008, 01:40:49 pm »
Ah, an investor.. that's just what we need, Jan... apparently all this time I thought YOU were the independently wealthy one - and it's actually Wendy!  How sweet of her to foot the bill for our start up costs.  Let's not tell Steve though, or he'll want her to pay for his yarn!  Can you imagine that??  On his moderator salary, I think he can afford to buy it himself without taking advantage of poor Wendy.

And good news, I don't have to borrow any glitter from my daughter after all - I just realized that there is more than enough that's been sucked up into my vacuum cleaner - we may just have to spend a little time gathering it.   :-\  Wendy, you don't mind a little dog hair stuck to your toothbrush, do you???   :P

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 03:57:37 pm »
Did someone say dog hair???  I have a collie, can donate unlimited quantities of dog hair - just need shipping address.  Jan, Lori and Wendy will have to take charge of the glitter, though...

Debbi  - feeling silly ;D
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2008, 05:20:09 pm »
Lori -

an investor is exactly what we need.  I'd offer myself, but I don't know yet how much the processor is going to set me back, plus I'm currently in the middle of funding another AN project, and God only knows how much I'm going to lose on the potential sale of my current "mansion" (don't flatten those boxes, yet!) ;)

I've put a lot of thought into this and I think that since Wendy has so generously offered to sign all of her assets over to us, it would be very rude of us to decline!  You know what they say about never looking a gift horse in the mouth.  In an effort not to highly insult Wendy, I say we graciously accept her money.  BTW, have I mentioned that Wendy is actually more incredible than I first thought  :D

Now if we can just get Hope's "Dr. W" to invest also, I think you and I will be sipping margaritas in Tahiti - rather than NJ  ;)

Let's not forget to invite K, I know how she loves to volunteer to take care of children - especially fighting ones - so you and I will be free to party without any of those pesky "mom" worries. 

And since Steve has already offered to purchase all of Brucifer's drinks at the symposium, if he asks for yarn money from us, I say "no way"!  You weren't kidding when you said I was tough  :D

Jan

PS to Debbi, I'll send you Lori's address for the dog hair shipments.  She said to tell you to send several large boxes ;)  I'll have to ask K to send her some from the pic-a-wienie too!  Lori will be SO thrilled - and surprised too!

wendysig

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 05:49:55 pm »
Hi Jan and Lori -
Well, things seem to just be moving right along.  I can contribute some cat hair too and if you really want to get fancy, my daughter's hermit crab has outgrown a couple of her shells, so that might come in handy too.  As for sipping margueritas in Tahiti, count me iin.  Steve can only have one if he decides to share those chocolates he was talking about.  And what kind of yarn does he want that he thinks I shoudl pay for?  Is he knittiing little beanies for the BAHAs?

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 05:50:46 pm »
Tahiti does sound slightly more exotic than NJ...

I love it when a plan comes together.. must be all the great minds at work around here!  And Wendy's unbelievable generosity!  She's really somethin' else!!   ;D

But Jan, if you may be needing the boxes to live in, perhaps we should have the large boxes of dog hair shipped to you. I think we're all set here.  I'm getting tired of doing the  Heimlich maneuver on my vacuum cleaner.  I just bought the "Furminator" for my dogs - whew...got enough hair off the golden retriever to make everyone a dog hair sweater to go with our knit hats.  

And K - that's so nice of you to offer your child care services for free once again....remind Jan to slip you a couple of bucks to buy something nice for yourself after the kiddies go to sleep.

Lori

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 05:58:41 pm »
Hmmm.  Dog hair sweaters to go with our knit hats - you might be on to something here  :D

Oh wait, that was a typo - I should have said you may be on something here.  By any chance, have you just come from sipping margaritas with satman?

Almost forgot to mention - very good comeback on the boxes of dog hair - you are quick!

lori67

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 07:32:06 pm »
You could use the dog hair as insulation - I hear it gets cold up there in the Windy City. 

I missed out on the margarita - I think Satman polished off all the tequila!   ;)

Lori

Kaybo

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 07:46:41 pm »
Lori & Jan~

Here's the deal:  I WANT TO HAVE FUN & BE WITH Y'ALL -- I DON'T WANT TO TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE don't make me do it

K *runs out of room sobbing*
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!