Author Topic: emails....  (Read 1497 times)

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
emails....
« on: May 23, 2008, 08:19:03 am »

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=4.0

I'd like to remind everyone that we are not allowing email address to be publicly posted .. please use PM or trade emails via PM.
Yea I know there are a lot of emails in profiles .. but at least you have to go though the trouble of signing on to see those .. the public messages can be seen without registering (and spam bots) ... just our small part in trying to protect everyone from the on-slot of SPAM
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

sgerrard

Re: emails....
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 08:46:45 am »

From the guide:

"All forms of personal information including address, phone numbers, etc. should not be publicly posted on the forum, for the safety of our forum users.  Private mail should be used to communicate this information."

This statement applies to email addresses. Don't put them in your posts. You can put one in your profile, and logged on forum users will be able to see it and email you.

The safest method is to use Private Messages. There is an option to receive an email notice when you get a private message, which makes it almost the same as sending emails directly, and protects the email address. If you need help with your profile settings, just ask. :)
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.