Author Topic: Steve....Has your status changed? :-)  (Read 4616 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Steve....Has your status changed? :-)
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 11:09:56 pm »
I am afraid though that as a Moderator of the forum, it would not be appropriate for me to procure alcoholic beverages for members.  ::)

Steve -

I did notice something in the Moderator Handbook that says you are indeed prohibited from buying alcoholic beverages for forumites.  However, there is nothing about gasoline - which will probably be pretty darn close to $8 or $10 a gallon by August 2009.  So, in lieu of alcohol,  just make mine unleaded  :D

K -

I don't understand your reluctance to watch the kiddies.  Aren't you in charge of them on the pirate ship ???  Or is it just that the symposium will be your kiddie-free vacation next year?

As for the box, don't take it down to the underpass just yet.  I'm not sure if I'll need it or not, and I don't want to make any premature decisions.  I met with the first realtor today - after pulling an all-nighter on cleaning my house - and I'm meeting with the ex's realtor tomorrow.  Then the fun will being as we debate (aka argue) about who will list the house and for how much.  If it wouldn't totally ruin my good credit rating, I'd be tempted to just abandon this place and take advantage of that box.  Or come to think of it, I do own two tents.  I could live in one and make the kids share the other  :D

Wish me luck,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 11:37:27 pm »
Jan~
Yow!  I don't envy you that decision/discussion -- good luck on that one!!    :o

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 03:43:27 pm »
K -

I'm hoping to have the realtors act as the middlemen (or women).  With any luck, I'll never have to see or talk to the ex until closing.  I can dream, can't I  ::)  LOL

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 04:40:50 pm »
Jan~
I hope for your sake it is that way too.  Does your realtor know you feel that way?

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 07:34:05 pm »
K -

I've kind of explained the situation to both potential realtors and now it is up to them to deal with the ex.  He's a very stubborn man, but you never know he could decide to cooperate in this case since he will have money coming if the house actually sells.  The market is bad, but I feel I need to honor the agreement I made to sell within 18 months of the court's final judgement.  I look at it this way.  He can either cooperate or he can make things difficult, but either way there is really nothing I can do about the way he chooses to be.  Que sera, sera.

Hell, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had brain surgery almost a year ago  ;)  If I can get through that, I can certainly deal with him if I have to.  I honestly don't think it will bother me too much.  After my AN journey, the "minor" things in life just don't faze me that much anymore.

Jan

lori67

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 07:51:55 pm »
Jan, I truly feel for you.. I went through the same thing with my ex.  I eventually took a piece of advice given to me by one of my nursing school instructors - she said "Give him enough rope and he'll hang himself - so don't waste your time arguing with him".  She was right.  He's done more damage to himself on his own than I ever could have dreamed of doing to him.  It's significantly cut down on my high blood pressure and it makes him crazy when I won't argue with him anymore.  It's hard to argue by yourself!

Hopefully, you can put this behind you somewhat and just live a peaceful existence after the house issue is settled.

And remember, there will be a nice house on the market in Nashville next year....plenty of room for the kids - a nice 12 year old girl lives next door...they need accountants here too... and not nearly as much snow as in Chicago.  Just think how much extra time Steve would have to moderate if he didn't have to knit you an extra warm hat!

I'll even throw in a couple of dogs and two goldfish. 

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 08:39:03 pm »
Jan,

Isn't it true. I have found everything bad in my life makes me appreciate good things and that other things people would think are major aren't as major to me. I am sad you are dealing with an uncooperative ex. Your wonderful outlook will persevere, though.

Hi Steve!!!!!!  (Just don't wanna get off the original thread too much, Phyl might be watching..;-) I really do miss her.

Lori - I like your approach, called "fogging"? Some people it is the best way to deal with them.

SNOW in AZ...not here but in Flagstaff today.

Take care all,

Mary 8)

Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

sgerrard

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 11:22:17 pm »

Hi Steve!!!!!!  (Just don't wanna get off the original thread too much, Phyl might be watching..;-) I really do miss her.

*runs in, gives everyone a BIG ole' healing huggle.... passes around popcorn...takes swig of martini...runs out cause I'm on hiatus...*

Steve

How'd I do?  :D
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 05:18:02 am »

*runs in, gives everyone a BIG ole' healing huggle.... passes around popcorn...takes swig of martini...runs out cause I'm on hiatus...*

Steve

How'd I do?  :D

cute.....

*makes smug smirk, blows Mary smoochie, runs back out*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 08:14:59 am »
You did great Steve!!!!! :)  and Phyl........Big Hugs to you!

Have a great weekend.

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2008, 01:50:17 pm »
Steve -

great impression of Phyl  :D  You're really getting the hang of this moderator stuff.

Phyl -

remember that imitation is the highest form of flattery!  We miss you!

Lori & Mary -

thanks for the great advice.  Actually I think the ex is reluctant to fight also - for a change.  Wish he'd thought of that before I paid so much money to a lot of lawyers.  He actually asked his realtor to call me and didn't even want to go through the house with her.  I haven't talked to or seen him in almost 2 years, so this was a big relief for me.  Sad that almost 22 years of marriage could be reduced to this, but it is what it is.

It's been a hectic week and my back is killing me from lugging things out to the garage, down to the basement, out to the garbage, etc.  But on the other hand, it's been kind of refreshing.  I was able to get rid of a lot of things - donated some, dumped some, sold some - and the house is actually cleaner than it's been in years.  Working full-time just doesn't leave much time for cleaning.  The kids are amazed by how the house looks.  They obviously don't remember what it looked like the last time it was really clean - because they weren't born yet LOL

Thanks for the offer of the pets, Lori.  I'm still waiting for the dog that I won to come in the mail, plus we already have 3 cats, 3 goldfish, a small lizard, and a 5 ft cornsnake.  I think I have all the mouths I can afford to feed for a while  :D

Jan