Author Topic: Pooter's surgery updates  (Read 82161 times)

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Re: Pooter's surgery updates
« Reply #405 on: July 23, 2008, 08:11:16 pm »
Hey! Who is this "bride" chick? Has she been lurking in my house unbeknownst to me? ;)
Jenni
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

sgerrard

« Reply #406 on: July 23, 2008, 08:18:12 pm »
Hey! Who is this "bride" chick? Has she been lurking in my house unbeknownst to me? ;)
Jenni

Uh, oh... :-[

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

lori67

« Reply #407 on: July 23, 2008, 08:35:37 pm »
Well, I don't know who she is, but if she does housework, I may have to get one for myself!   :D  Clearly, the "groom" I have lurking around here does not do housework!

Brian, so glad you're doing so well!  You made it over that last hurdle pretty quickly.  Well, it seems quickly to me - probably not so much to you!

I'm not really too sure about the whole AN eye/vision thing, but I do know that prior to surgery I was 20/20 in both eyes.  Now I am 20/20 in the good eye and 20/30 in the AN eye.  I realize that's still better than most of the population, but I have to think there's some connection there.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #408 on: July 24, 2008, 08:15:44 pm »
DOH!  Busted! ;*)  Hey, honey!  *smooch*

Thanks Lori and DMH.

The latest is that I have an appt with the eye doc on Monday.  I went down there today (they're in my building; literally about a minute away) and talked to the doctor a little bit and we'll go over everything on Monday.  The good news is he is young and seems to be very interested in seeing me and talking about my vision and such.  Hopefully, I won't have any issues with the eye(s) and I can get a new prescription next week.  Thanks about the tip, DMH, and I don't force things I don't think.  I'll keep a close eye on things (get it? heh).

Brian
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #409 on: July 24, 2008, 09:03:29 pm »
RE
"I'll keep a close eye on things (get it? heh)."

:D Snort, giggle snort snort  :D

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #410 on: July 24, 2008, 10:05:05 pm »
Jenni

Wow, Jenni's using the big words now!  Unbeknownst! 

Right up there with Debbi's "besmirched"  ;)

So, Brian, about the doctor.  You say he's young.  Is he married?  (Just kidding).

Sorry, this was just too good a thread not to hijack  ;D

Jan

« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 10:51:03 pm by leapyrtwins »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #411 on: July 25, 2008, 06:37:07 am »
Hey, I am seeing a possibility for an AN Matchmaking service here...  Jan and Brian's new opthalmologist ....  hhhmmm   8)  Could this be a nice add-on to the Garage Brain Surgery biz?

Debbi

Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Kaybo

« Reply #412 on: July 25, 2008, 08:50:55 am »
Brian~
Hey!  I have been away in Baltimore for my Dr. visit and then MAJOR DSL problems and been w/out the internet for over a week - I missed you guys!  Sounds like you are doing GREAT!!  Whoo-Hoo for you!!  About the eye thing - IT CAN CHANGE!  Mine changed DRASTICALLY for no known medical reason - I think they wiggled the optic nerve while they were in my head!  I went from 20/400 to 20/40 - however, the permanent facial paralysis & the UNabilitity to blink correctly on a consistent basis, makes it where I really don't see much out of that eye.  I might see clearly for 1/10 of a second and then it is gone.  But still, it is a neat thing!  I think it could go either way but definitely change.  I guess that while I was still waiting the 1st year, I just EXSPECTED that my prescription would change (just never thought it would go this way).  Anyway, just my 2 cents!

Give Jenni a hug for me!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #413 on: July 25, 2008, 03:16:17 pm »
Jenni
So, Brian, about the doctor.  You say he's single.  Is he married?  (Just kidding).

Jan

Hm.. I don't look for such things, but for you I will Monday.. ;)

Debbi - Anything for a buck, eh?  Your as bad as Lori! ;)

Kaybo - Thanks! Glad to have ya back in the real world again!  I'll let everyone knows what the doc says on Monday.  It's definitely more blurry now with contacts or glasses, so I think it's changed somewhat.  It's not bad, but enough to make me notice that its off..  20/400 to 20/40 is huge!  I don't know what I was, but I am anxious to hear if it's better or worse than last time..

Brian

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2008, 05:43:30 pm »
Hey, I am seeing a possibility for an AN Matchmaking service here...  Jan and Brian's new opthalmologist ....  hhhmmm   8)  Could this be a nice add-on to the Garage Brain Surgery biz?

Don't count me out for that whole matchmaking thing, but I may already be taken.  Seems Lori knows a nice, single doctor  ;)  :D LOL

Jan (not necessarily looking to become anyone's bride) 

Hey, Brian, forgot to ask - was the comment to Debbi about being "as bad as Lori" a compliment or an insult  ???  Be very careful of how you answer this one! LOL

Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #415 on: July 26, 2008, 07:52:07 am »
Well, I'm taking it as a compliment!  So there!   :D

Debbi
2.4 cm Right Side AN

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #416 on: July 26, 2008, 09:05:29 pm »
Right answer, Debbi  ;)

lori67

« Reply #417 on: July 28, 2008, 09:58:56 am »
Aw, come on - I can't be that bad - when I make enough money, I plan on sharing it with all of you.  I'm sure you've probably all spent Phyl's $10 by now anyway.   :D

And, yes, Debbi, we've already looked at the AN matchmaking service.  I have a VERY cute, single doc that I'm dying to set up with someone!  I'd date him myself, but I have a feeling James wouldn't be too happy with that.  Go figure.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Debbi

• Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #418 on: July 28, 2008, 11:39:43 am »
Hijack Alert!!

Hey Pooter - we've got your thread and we aren't giving it back until you return... 

Debbi, in cahoots with Jan and Lori...
2.4 cm Right Side AN

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #419 on: July 28, 2008, 10:53:11 pm »
I have a VERY cute, single doc that I'm dying to set up with someone!

Hey, wait a minute, you said he's mine  :o  Now you're offering him to the public?  :o

Jan