Author Topic: Fed up...  (Read 4497 times)

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
Re: Fed up...
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 01:10:37 pm »
well "stooping  to their levels" as you call it means the harassment may get worse and you are giving them more ammo. I been the Boss, i been the worker and retaliating in any way is never a good idea even if you own the business.

trying to "make them feel" like you do and doing it with anger is never good. Losing ones job is a hi price to pay to get even.

I'd suggest you get some other type help with this issue.
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 11:06:52 pm »
I know what you mean Vicki. I have to endure the same thing in different ways. People are nasty and vicious. It's always interesting to see how others react to someone that they know they have "one up on". It puts things in perspective real quick. "Nothing new under the sun" when it comes to that kind of thing. You just have to be smart and strong. Stronger than them —which shouldn't really be too difficult in most cases because the reason that they are insensitive and mean is usually due to the fact that most of them are weak and stupid to begin with. They are of the minions of Hades.

Some people however, are consistently, kind, gracious and understanding.

Take care and be strong!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:26:52 am by Crazycat »
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 12:08:27 am »
Vicki,

Some of us talk to our pets as, they are the kindest, most understanding, caring and listen.  Perhaps many of us need a pet to get through these "hard times," where other humans are cruel.

Drink your calming teas,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

vicki1967

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 09:08:37 pm »
Palace, coincidental that you mentioned the comfort of 'pets', as I had to put down my daughter's cat on this very day. I've never had to put down an animal, yet my daughter made me stay with him (the cat) while he was put down. I've been sobbing ever since. But I DO know what you mean about pets, as they were always there for me when I needed them. It's just so hard to let them go!! ONE OF THESE DAYS I'm going to have some GOOD news for myself (for a change!) I guess I'm just traveling a rough road at this time in life. I don't get on the computer much, but just reading positive posts from this forum helps me keep my head up...

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 09:22:19 am »
Hello Friends,

The positive news you might be looking for is to focus if you are able, on something new.  I just ordered a DVD on learning "sign language; signing" and a book.

I too, lost my beloved male dog just two months ago, tomorrow.

Recognizing and facing issues is important however, adding something else to your life is also a step forward to progress.

Thank you for listening......

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 03:32:31 pm »
I just ordered a DVD on learning "sign language; signing" and a book.

Palace

Palace -

please let us know how you like the DVD and the book.  I've often toyed with the idea of learning sign language (long before I was SSD) but because it looks somewhat complicated (at least to me) I'm not sure I could master it.

I'd love to hear your feedback.

Jan

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog  :(
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 04:34:06 pm »
Jan and Palace -

It's very hard to learn sign language from a book.  Go with the video if you can't find a class at your local library or community center.  There's too much motion involved to be able to pick up most of the signs from a book.

Check out www.handspeak.com/  or the ASL website.  There are online sign language dictionaries and videos that are free.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 11:10:20 pm »
Thanks for the tip, Lori  :D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways