Author Topic: KAYBO T3 TODAY  (Read 25183 times)

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: KAYBO T3 TODAY
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 02:15:21 pm »
Hi Kay:  My mom said I had difficulty swallowing,  & it went on for maybe 5 days post op. 
I can't remember if I felt like my throat was swollen,  I know I didn't have trouble breathing,
 but due to the tubes down the throat from surgery, I had trouble swallowing.

I could only use a catheter attached to a syringe to drink from for about a week.

On day 6 post op (for you it'll be Thurs, Apr. 3rd.) I finally felt well enough to go outside for a walk, & I could
put tiny pieces of chicken & hamburger in my mouth (there was an Irish pub across from the hotel, got my
hamburger there).
Day 7 we flew home, & day 11 (a Sat.), I was able to drive myself home, about 50 miles from mom's place.

Hang in there Kay, don't push yourself, rest, rest, rest;    each day will get a little better.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 02:53:33 pm by nancyann »
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2008, 03:00:26 pm »
WOW,

My hat goes off to both of you Kay and Nancy.  This is truly amazing to be able to be a part of your journeys.  You give all of us hope and inspiration.  I hope next Aug we all meet in Chicago face to face.  Sending you both hugs and kisses from Ont Canada. 

Anne Marie

P.S.  I kiss on both cheeks, so be ready!!!!
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

sgerrard

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2008, 03:06:43 pm »
K - Don't worry about the hair thing - Steve is busy knitting us all some fancy new hats - maybe we can bump you to the top of the list to get one.   :D

Indeed, and we will waive the requirement to shave your head.  :D

Kay, I'm glad to hear you are okay; as Nancy said, just take it really easy for a week. You'll be up and about in no time.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

LADavid

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2008, 03:10:25 pm »
Hey Kay
I posted it on another thread but I'll say it again -- Congratulations!!!!!!  May you have a very successful and speedy recovery.  I'm betting that you and Nancy will have quite a few notes to compare.
Glad to have you back -- although Dave did an excellent job of keeping us posted.  Please thank him.

Get some rest and enjoy that view of the harbor.

My best
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 03:12:56 pm »
Hey Anne Marie:  I guess it's a 'good thing' I don't remember all of the post op.   
I do remember it is a rough 1st week, & yes Steve, resting/healing is so necessary
immediately post op (I don't think Kay's a 'couch potato' like I use to be, so this
1st week will be harder for Kay than it was for me !).

August in Chicago, it only gets better than that because all you guys will be there.
WHOO HOO ! ! ! ! !
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 05:10:59 pm »
Nancyann & Anne Marie,

I'm hoping to meet you both in Chicago - oh, and everyone else, of course  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Glenda

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2008, 07:36:00 pm »
Hi Special K!
I've been off to my Mom's in NC and just got home and I was so surprised to see you had already posted!  Congratulations!!
Please give a BIG thanks to Dave for his postings on your webpage, you really do have a terrific husband!!  I know you are such a strong person but like the others here have said take your time and rest.......  Sending hugs and well wishes your way :-* :-*

Nancyann,  I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well after your procedure too.  You girls are two wonderful gals who deserve only the best outcome!! :)

I love the idea about the calendar!!!!!! It is indeed hard to keep up with everyone's procedure dates..especially since my memory isn't what it used to be.   ::) I try to write them on the calendar but I'm afraid I may miss someone.
What a great group of people you are!!!!!!

Glenda

Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

LADavid

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 04:10:08 pm »
Kay
Checked your blog and you left off with the picture question.  So what was the outcome?  How are the girlies doing  -- are they anxious to see you?  How do you feel?  And the biggest question, when do you get to go home?

My best
David
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

Kaybo

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2008, 05:57:52 pm »
Hi All!
We are still here in Baltimore.  We go to the Dr. tomorrow to get the stitches out -- I am a little anxious about the right side -- it is "hard" but Dave and our friend, Melynn, say it looks SO much better.  I probably will put up the picutures tomorrow (once I know everything is going OK)...starting with the worst so then I'll look better!  The girlies are REALLY missing us (& we miss them but know for sure when it will end), but I think it is mainly when they talk to us -- we learned a long time ago NOT to call home at night!  If everything goes as planned, we are scheduled to fly home Friday morning at 10:50 and will land at home at 3:30.  For the most part, I feel OK.  I am getting nauseous off & on (which didn't start until yesterday) but I think it has to do with a liquid diet and so many medicines in my system.  Then when I have tried to eat more substantial (but still can't really open my mouth), I get nauseous b/c my stomach isn't really use to real food anymore...I'm sure it will all work out!
Thanks everyone for your well wishes and prayers!
K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2008, 06:21:51 pm »
K -

glad things are going well and that you will be able to return home on Friday.  I'll bet the girls miss you and your husband; they'll be so thrilled to have you home  :)

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to the pictures,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Denisex2boys

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2008, 07:47:25 pm »
((((HUGS)))) sweetie - you truly are an inspiration!  ... and look forward to seeing the new YOU!  XXXX OOOO
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

OMG16

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2008, 07:57:13 pm »
I'm so glad that you are healing a little each day.  I can not wait to see the pics.  I'm very excited to say the least.  I'm sure you and Dave are anxious to get home and see your beautiful girls.  Have a great appt and a safe flight if I do not talk to you before you fly home.   :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

LADavid

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2008, 09:18:15 pm »

How are you?????

David
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

lori67

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2008, 09:35:43 pm »
K - good luck tomorrow.  I know you'll feel much better once you're home with your girls again.  I hope your flight goes smoothly and I can't wait to see pictures!

And 16 - yes, how are YOU???  Hope you're doing okay too...  my goodness, everyone has to stay healthy around here - just with the normally scheduled surgeries, we can't have illness on top of that too!!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

OMG16

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2008, 11:11:13 pm »
Thank you Lori and LA for asking.  I am still very ill and having allot of pain and feeling sorry for myself.  I do not do well taking pain medication but that is all I can do along with antibiotics until the infectious disease Dr is back in town.  Which is this Friday and then hopefully we will have some sort of treatment plan and a surgery date scheduled right away.  My husband and I have a trip to Palm Desert planned for May 2 to May 11th planned and I do not want to miss it so I must get better and very quickly dang it anyways.  Keep up your prayers as I still need them and will let you all know what I find out after my appt on Friday.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.