Author Topic: KAYBO T3 TODAY  (Read 25186 times)

LADavid

KAYBO T3 TODAY
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:26:55 pm »
Hey all

Just wanted to let you know that Kay's T3 surgery is today (Friday).  I know that she could use and appreciate our prayers.  For those of you who don't know, Kay had AN surgery when she was 25 - about 13 years ago.  It was difficult and she was left with facial palsy and has had it ever since.  Nancyann led her to the T3.  Let's wish her the best.  If you want to keep posted on the success, check out her blog.
http://threecurlygirlies.blogspot.com/
Best wishes, Kay.
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

gordy

Re: KAYBO T3 TODAY
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:54:20 pm »
best wishes to her asnd her family. prayers are with you.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 07:10:20 am »
" The moment I wake up, before I put on my makeup, I say a little prayer for you,
...At work I just take time,  & all thru my coffee break time,   I say a little prayer for you... "

Kay is in my thoughts & prayers ....       Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 07:15:04 am »
I'm thinking of Kaybo today and wishing her the best.
I'm hopeful the surgery will be a huge success for her.

Nancyann -

I didn't realize you recommended the surgery to her.
Is it the same surgery you had recently? 
If so, I hope her results are as good as yours  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 09:22:28 am »
Best wishes Kaybo, today is the day, you have waited so patiently, you deserve the best!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

LADavid

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 10:49:12 am »
Just wanted to let you all know that Kay's husband is posting updates on her blog.  She was taken into surgery not long ago -- it's esimated to be about 4 hours.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

lori67

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 11:00:09 am »
I know we all have our fingers crossed that everything works out wonderfully for Kaybo!!

I know she'll make good use of that new smile!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 11:25:14 am »
Oh, Boy, lemmesee here, I'm a diggin through me pirate sock drawer again.......AHA!  The ones with the pink and black stipes and the little jolly rogerette with the pink bow I believe!!!  Yess! They're even clean! For those who don't understand---see the Good Morning Thread a couple hundred pages back.  Pirates socks are donned for good luck aboard the Princess Batty Wench for those going in for "procedures" and such, and have always brought good luck.

Best of luck, Kaybo and our thoughts and good vibes are being sent your way!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

OMG16

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 02:02:01 pm »
LA thank you for your post. 

I spoke to K last Sunday and she was very at peace with her decision and she does realize that her results may be different than Nancy's due to the length of time between surgeries.  She is optomistically guarded as far as the results and is hoping for the best.  I have never met anyone with such a positive attitude and acceptance of her life as it is now.  We could all learn alot from her.  I believe she is such an asset to out forum.

Nancy thank you for helping her to discover this option.  She deserves to have her smile back and I am praying this will be her result.

Capt Deb those are my fav pirate sox and I believe you wore those for my surgery and it went very well.

K I'm sending you and Dave kisses to your foreheads.  :-*  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Glenda

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 02:22:10 pm »
K
You are such a special person and deserve only the best!!!  As I've said before you are my HERO!
I will be in contact but will wait until I think you're up to talking.  If you need an ear before or you want to talk please call me at any time.  You have been there for me when I was down and I would like nothing better than to be there for you!!!
Big Healing Hugs to You Sweetie  :-* :-* :-*
Glenda

PS... I just read your hubby's post that you are out of surgery and doing fine.  I am so thankful!!!  Talk to you soon!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 02:26:00 pm by Glenda »
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 02:38:26 pm »
David -

thanks for letting us know about Kaybo's blog - I'll check it out later for updates.

Glenda -

thanks for telling us she's out of surgery and doing fine.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 03:22:00 pm »
From Kay's blog (2.53 PM March 28th).  Her husbands comments, I assume.  Sounds good.

Well Kay is out of surgery and doing fine, still in recovery.

The doctor said they had to remove more tendon that the originally thought but she is doing great!!

The doctor said time would tell how much movement she will have but he thought Kay looks great, I'm anxious to see her!

My prayers are with her.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 03:24:02 pm »
Hey Jan:  When Kay saw my before/after photos,  she asked me about the surgery;  yes, it's the same one Patti (Pattibobatti) & I had.

Had it NOT been for Patti discussing it about 2 years ago,  I wouldn't have known about it either.   Patti's the trailblazer here ! !

I've been thinking about Kay all day - I know she's in great hands.
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 08:43:25 pm »
You know, Nancy, that's another great part of this forum - being able to help others in the same situation.

I think it's wonderful that Patti informed you, and you informed Kay, and I'm sure at some point, Kay will inform someone else.

Doctors can only tell us so much; the input from others who have actually "been there" is so important.

I've found that myself, on my "BAHA journey", from reading posts and PMs from Joef, Ellis, Lori, Gramps, and many others. 

Sometimes I don't know what I'd do without this forum; things would sure be a lot different.

It sounds like Kay is going well.  I'll keep her in my prayers,

Jan

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 09:50:05 pm »
Hi kay,

We just met and I was from Round Rock. I wish I had been a more with it Newbie to figure out all that small print at the bottom of the page was info on what you have been enduring. I am so inspired by your bubbly personality with all you have gone through for so long. With your personality and spunk this will help you through this with flying colors. I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK