Author Topic: What a love story ........  (Read 1502 times)

Denisex2boys

- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: What a love story ........
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 03:54:16 pm »
Thanks, Denise:

This young Australian couple are an inspiration and a reminder of what love truly is.  A lot more than mere physical attraction and shared interests, that's for sure.  Tanya's determination not to 'lose' Warren mirrors my wife's attitude when I was in the ICU following my surgery.  Even though I slept most of the time and was not especially genial when awake, Tina was at my bedside for hours at a time and slept in the nurses lounge so she could be near me in case 'anything happened' or I called for her.  That is love - and something I'll never forget.  We celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary in August.  I think I'll keep her.   ;)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.