Author Topic: Ten Days After Diagnosis and Making Progress - BoogerectomyRe-Scheduled  (Read 11098 times)

lori67

Re: Ten Days After Diagnosis and Making Progress - BoogerectomyRe-Scheduled
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 12:49:24 pm »
Cheryl - I think you win.  You're such an over-achiever!! :D

Good luck to you on the 17th!  I hope all goes well and you're feeling good in no time!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2008, 01:05:36 pm »
You win, Cheryl - although I think hitting the brain surgery trifecta is a bit of an over-achievement!!    ;)

So, we've got Kay on Friday, Hope on the 2nd, Cheryl on the 17th and me on the 23rd. I'll be the rear-guard - any other particpants??  (In this fun AN game of ours...)

The Robin Red Breasts have arrived in NJ - spring can't be far away!
Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Cheryl R

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2008, 01:11:46 pm »
This is one over achiever event that I would rather pass on.         I am more nervous in some ways this time as will mean the loss of the vestibular on my good side and I am worried over what it will be like after.     I have never had dizziness ever with any surgery and up walking with ease right away but am scared this time won't be as easy.             Time will tell.         I am just trying not to think of it too much as worrying now won't make a difference good or bad for after.     That is easy to say now but harder when it is the middle of the night when one wakes up and gets to thinking.
                                         Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Kaybo

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2008, 01:31:05 pm »
Cheryl~
I am praying for peace for you -- I'm sure this is even harder in way since you have been there before!!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2008, 02:14:41 pm »
Cheryl, I know exaclty what you mean about that internal voice in the middle of the night.  That is when all my fears come to the surface.  I've never been a particularly "good" sleeper under the best of circumstances, and now is definitely in the bottom 5.

Just keep trying to keep positive thoughts.  Don't know if you ever practice any sort of visualizations - but that can help, at least from an anxiety standpoint.  For me, I visualize sitting alongside a canal in Venice with my husband - it is a very calming memory for me and sometimes helps me to manage anxiety. 

Keep trying to find something positive in each day and laugh as much as you can - it really does the body good!

I and lots of other people will be sending you cosmic hugs, prayers and all good thoughts.

Deb
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com