Author Topic: ANA Book Club?  (Read 407567 times)

OMG16

Re: ANA Book Club?
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2008, 07:10:48 pm »
I'm about half way through now and it is quite a good book.  I just saw that Kate was in Seattle overnight darn it we could have hooked up for dinner.  I hope her flights are better than K's.  At least from the news reports it looked like a very dangerous day to fly.

K we will excuse you and you can jump in anytime when you feel up to it.  Congradulations I read your blog and I am very excited for you!  Celebration kisses to your forehead and a big huge hug.  :-*  :-*  :-*

Co Queen Jan you remind me of the type of person that starts and finishes a book in record time.  Good to know that Target has good prices.  My husband got the book from a big chain store and I was surprised at the price.  I went to costco and saw alot of the books mentioned on this post and bought them for $7 a piece.

Steve I got the knitting club book so I will send it to you when I am done.  You can hide away to read it so that no one will know.  LOL   ;) 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Kaybo

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2008, 08:29:55 pm »
16~
I want te knitting book!!   ;D ;D  Hopefully I can read -- I'll have it done in a jiffy that week I am stuck in Baltimore!!  What iin the world will I do for a whole week with no kids to drive around & no exotic vacation?????????????????
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Glenda

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2008, 08:52:55 pm »
K

I'm so excited for you!  I can't believe your surgery has been scheduled so quick!  I think the Lord has His hand in this   :)
I was quite concerned for you with the weather last night and wasn't sure you would make it to your appointment.  I'm so glad everything worked out for you. Enjoy your anniversary alone time  ;)

Glenda
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

OMG16

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2008, 10:07:08 pm »
K just PM me or call me and I will get it out to you right away.  Sorry Steve you will have to wait for it until K is done.  ;) 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

sgerrard

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2008, 10:18:34 pm »
Sorry Steve you will have to wait for it until K is done.  ;) 16

Darn! I will just have to read a book on darning instead...

I have started reading My Sister's Keeper, I am hoping to get a chance to finish it before the queen gets back and makes us write essays on it. So far I don't like Sara very much...

K, I think it so great that you are having that T3 procedure, it must be very exciting. You have been truly patient!

Steve

8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2008, 11:33:48 pm »
Steve?  Knitting?  Where does he find the time??? 

Hey, Steve, can you knit me a hat - something to cover my BAHA in the cold Chicago winters LOL  Any shade of green will do  ;D

Kaybo, incredible news about your surgery.  I must admit I had no idea what "T3" was, but I just got done reading your blog and now I understand.  It's amazing the things I learn on this forum.  The 28th will be here before you know it; best wishes for a successful procedure.  BTW, your girls are just beautiful.

OMG, I love to spend the day with a good book; just don't get many opportunities.  Spring break starts for the kids tomorrow though, so they're off to my parents for a few days without me - I'm knee deep in budget development at work and can't take time off right now.  I'm hoping to sneak some reading time in while my house is nice and peaceful; something that only occurs once in a blue moon.  Can't wait to re-read the book.  As I recall, it's quite good and I remember not liking Sara either.

Co Queen Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2008, 11:00:59 pm »
I'm about half way through now and it is quite a good book.  I just saw that Kate was in Seattle overnight darn it we could have hooked up for dinner. 

OMG,
My flight to Seattle from Chicago was a breeze (4 hours) compared to the one to China (10.5 to Tokyo and then another 5.5 to Guangzhou)).  I was in Seattle briefly this morning on my way home.  Next time, I'll give you more warning and we can meet up.  Raydean too!

I reread most of the book on the flight....

Steve: The Queen is back:-)  No essays required<grins>  Just comments and good ol' fashion brain cells...ergh...thinking... Hmmm...and BTW, no grades assigned either....

K: Gone a few days and look at all the exciting news:-)

Co Queen Jan:  What's next for your Baha? 

Safely back in Chicago although my days and nights are confused right now...What an experience and difference it is in China.

Kate

« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 04:57:03 am by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2008, 04:55:54 am »
I am almost through!!  Since we had travel nightmare trying to get to Baltimore yesterday and then waiting for the Dr. today, I had a lot of time to read!!  I am having the T3 on the 28th so I hope I can "discuss" on the 30th.  How are we going to do that??
K

Good question. We are charting new waters. Because we all live in different time zones, I will offer the suggestion of posting a question and then just like all of the other threads, people respond to it and trek down any path it takes us until it fizzles. Then on to the next book.

Other ideas?

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2008, 09:43:12 am »
Because we all live in different time zones, I will offer the suggestion of posting a question and then just like all of the other threads, people respond to it and trek down any path it takes us until it fizzles. Then on to the next book.

Kate

Kate -

this sounds like a good idea to me; I don't know any other logical way to discuss.

The BAHA is doing good - skin is itching like crazy, but it's healing quite nicely.  I have 4 more days of neosporin to go - UGH; hate the goop in my hair - and then I'm not sure what the next step is.  Lori mentioned something about using a steroid cream to keep scar tissue from getting thick, but I'm not sure if that's protocol or just what her doctor had her do.  I have an appt. with Dr. Battista a week from Wednesday, so guess I'll find out then.  Thanks for asking,

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2008, 04:52:09 pm »
Kate~
Welcome back!! 
I think that sounds like a good idea too!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2008, 10:35:25 pm »
Started re-reading this morning; will definitely meet the discussion deadline; am looking forward to it.

Jan

Melissa778

« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2008, 11:16:44 am »
Count me in for the next book you'll be reading.  I have already read My Sister's Keeper......great book.  I am currently reading another of Jodi Picoult's.....19 Minutes, so far...a good read as well.  Count me in next time around :)
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

lori67

« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2008, 12:26:24 pm »
Well, surprise, surprise!  I finished My Sister's Keeper in record time (for me).  I couldn't put it down!  Usually I can't sit still for more than 5 minutes, so I don't bother trying to read anything more than a magazine article, but this was a good book.

I picked up 19 Minutes also and started that one.  My husband said he's seen me read more books this year alone than in the entire time he's known me!  I guess I needed brain surgery to slow me down enough to be able to sit still!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2008, 06:41:50 pm »
I can just tell that this is going to be a great discussion group:-)

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2008, 07:13:53 pm »
19 Minutes is very good.  I liked it even better than My Sister's Keeper.