Author Topic: DO YOU KNOW DR DE LA CRUZ AT HOUSE EAR CLINC IN L.A.?  (Read 4176 times)

Edu

DO YOU KNOW DR DE LA CRUZ AT HOUSE EAR CLINC IN L.A.?
« on: February 26, 2008, 09:36:05 pm »
HI, I´VE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH A 2.7 C.M. AN. ME AND MY FAMILY LIVE IN MEXICO CITY, AND IN ALL OUR RESEARCH, HOUSE EAR CLINIC HAS COME AS #1 IN THIS FIELD.
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE CLINIC AND THE DOCTORS THERE. DO YOU RECOMMEND ANY ELSE IN THE CLINC.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Idaho

• Help YOU and your NPO's OUT Financially
Re: DO YOU KNOW DR DE LA CRUZ AT HOUSE EAR CLINC IN L.A.?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 10:25:03 pm »
I live MILES away....up in IDAHO....as my 'name' says.  And a doctor here said do not go to SLC.  Get to the House Ear Clinic in LA.  They are the best!  This is too delicate to let just anyone do it!!  I can't do it!  And he was the kind that does brain surgeries!  So, that is ONE large recommendation...if it is not tooo late. 

They have a thing on their site that they do a tiny consult by phone if you have had a MRI already done.  Just send them your MRI and they will discuss it with you over the phone.  They called me RIGHT back.  It is under 'acoustic neuroma clinical studies' or something like that.  Not what I would have thought of.

good luck...
ID
AN tumor found 07-06, aft bouts w/Vertigo. Been guest  4>2yrs. Read/learned a ton!

Surgeons @ SLC want 2 cut imm; Am using Nutritional Supplements 2 stp growth

LEFT-2.2CM SPHERE & 1CM TAIL; IN Wait-n-watch

Evaluating LomaLinda's ProtonTherapy; hear ok -&& / OR-
House Ear Cl @ LA

LADavid

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 01:38:25 pm »
Edu

I'm going to say something that I haven't said before.  There are several of us on this forum who have not had a wonderful House experience.  My suggestion, look into other Clinics as well.  There are some good ones in Texas that you may want to check on.

Best wishes on your search.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 07:24:06 pm »
David, I think that is a good suggestion.  I have been saying since I joined the forum that House isn't the only place to have an AN treated.

Don't get me wrong, House has an incredible reputation, but it's not for everyone.  Through the WTT list, I have had contact with at least 3 patients who have consulted with House recently and felt that it just wasn't the place for them.  I'm not at all knocking those who choose, or have chosen, House - but I think patients need to know there are other wonderful options out there. 

Everyone looks for something different in a doctor and/or a medical practice - it's a personal choice.  Although I love my doc to pieces and would recommend him to anybody with an AN, I also recognize that other patients might not have the same opinion of him.  IMO patients should get recommendations, but ultimately they need to choose the doctor and the facility that make them feel the most comfortable. 

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Idaho

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 05:59:00 am »

YOUR First Email Said:   DIAGNOSED WITH A 2.7 C.M. AN. ME AND MY FAMILY LIVE IN MEXICO CITY, AND IN ALL OUR RESEARCH, HOUSE EAR CLINIC HAS COME AS #1

HI, again, EDU....

I saw, in your email, that you said you had found "the House Ear Clinic" by the research you and your family had done.  I presume that research was done on-line... ;D....like most of mine has been done?  I contacted the ANAUSA.org website office about two years ago.   I have been receiving their newsletters, and have received some of their other items they have available also. They are FABULOUS PEOPLE there in the office...truly fab!!  Have you checked with them?  (Do you know about them, or had you just found the discussion forum?)   ;)   ;)

I just Recently found out that there is a unique procedure done at Loma Linda University Hospital; it is called Proton Therapy.  :-*   I just called 800-PROTONS to get ahold of the hospital, and ask for the proton therapy department.  In the USA, being an 800 no, it is toll free; I know you are in Mex, so I do not know how tolls cross over the border.  But, you can leave a message for "CAROL" at the Proton Therapy department and a little message about your situation.  They will probably call you right back and request you get your med records and send ANY TESTS like your MRI film and report to them.  Your medical provider-clinic-dr will-should do that for you.  Then after they receive it all, they meet each week to decide who will be accepted into the program.   ;)
YOU might have heard people getting Gamma Knife... or such...treatment...on the discussions.  This is "Similar"   :D.  It is very selective, as to the cells it attacks. See the web site for info.,  :-X   It takes several weeks; and does not have the normal radiation side effects.   :)

:) (Men with prostate cancer REALLY like the treatment, tumors that are difficult to get to without harming something else evidently work well with this.)   :D
ANYWAY...they have a Great web site.   ;D   For everyone to check out.  If I remember correctly,  :'( there is also  a center in southern Indiana, and also one in Texas, which might be CLOSER to you...in Mexico. 

But...I'm just Passing on Information.  :-*
Have Fun Figuring out Where TO GO!!...I wonder where to GO, what to do!
I have been going to The Huntsman Cancer Institute; in Salt Lake, UT-- Very Respected.
You might have heard it on the news...when they were taking the men there from the Coal Mining Disaster Last Year...It is the BEST CLOSEST PLACE to take anyone that has been seriously injured. 
I'm SURE if I would have gone there for my previous injury, I would not be broken' now. 
Life goes on...We make the best choices we can, with what we know...when the ambulance brings us to an ER...etc...
That’s why a discussion forum is good.  You can get info on places and things you did not find by other means of searching.
Good Luck...   ;)
Idaho   :)     

AN tumor found 07-06, aft bouts w/Vertigo. Been guest  4>2yrs. Read/learned a ton!

House Ear Cl @ LA

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 06:16:28 am »
I heard through the ANA grapevine that Edu has already had surgey at HEI.

Hope everything went well.

Maybe we'll get an update soon.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Idaho

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 01:06:01 pm »
I had not heard that...I wish them well...
House Ear Clinic is supposed to be TOP NOTCH...that what the dr here said about it!!  So, if they went there, it should be fine, and we should hear good news!   :D

Traveling to a medical facility just for a major surgery...from such a distance...is scary.  Especially crossing the border.

I went up to Alberta-Canada about 2 yrs ago for some things.  I got great treatment.  I was impressed.  I had been told negative things and got fabulous treatment.  Guess it is 'luck of the draw'!!  I went to two clinics; both were very clean facilitoes and very efficient and the results were fabulous.  :D

Looking forward to good news!  :D
Idaho.

House Ear Cl @ LA