Author Topic: 3 wks post surgery at Emory!  (Read 3228 times)

AROBTEK

• Annette (arobtek)
3 wks post surgery at Emory!
« on: February 14, 2008, 05:46:37 pm »
Well, the surgery is behind us [1/24}and the grand daughter arrived 2 days before the surgery!!  God's timing is better than we had even imagined!  Little miss Carlie arrived early due to mom's blood pressure problems. 5lbs 14 oz and both are doing great now.

I am still a little wobbly but recovering very well. some eye problems and facial paralysis, Dr. Olson expects them to correct themself.   Physical therapist said I had done myself a huge favor by being physically fit.  I don't think I would have made it otherwise! - You were All right,this has been the toughest thing I've ever done! :o

AND Lori,  typing really is SLLOOWWW!  My left hand has no clue that it should be able to help me type!!

Thanks for everything,
Annette

2.6 cm AN L side
Diagnosed 12/10/07
Surgery date: 1/24/08
Dr. Doug Mattox & Dr. Jeff Olson
Emory University Hosp. - Atlanta

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: 3 wks post surgery at Emory!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 05:50:35 pm »
Annette -

congratulations on the new arrival - glad to hear that mother and daughter are going great.

Congratulations also on your postie status.  Yes, surgery is tough, but your recovery sounds very promising so far.

I hope things continue to go well.

Thanks for updating us,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

OMG16

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 07:03:14 pm »
Congradulations Grandma!  If you can we would all love to see your Granddaughter.  I am so happy that everything has worked out so well and with such great timing.

Don't forget to listen to your body and get the rest that you need.  Keep us all posted with your recovery and I am sending you kisses to your forehead.  Also kisses to your Granddaughter and Daughter.  :-*  :-*  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:15:13 pm »
Annette~
God is good -- He definitely knows what is the best for all involved before we do, huh?  I'm sorry for the high blood pressure, but glad they are both doing well now!  I had to learn to type w/ one hand when I was trying to hold or nurse babies at the same time!!

Glad you are doing so well too.  It is a LOT to overcome, but with your strong faith and a positive attitude, it can and will be done!!

Feel free to contact me if I can help you in any way!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 08:05:40 am »
Wow, you sure sound good for only being three weeks post-op.  Sounds like everything happened the way it was meant to.

Congratulations on both your new statuses - postie and grandma!

Katie

P.S.  Speaking as a mom with young children, grandmas are the best things in the world!   ;D
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

AROBTEK

• Annette (arobtek)
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 10:16:14 am »
I have to admit, her picture is lots cuter than mine!!!!!!!!!!

2.6 cm AN L side
Diagnosed 12/10/07
Surgery date: 1/24/08
Dr. Doug Mattox & Dr. Jeff Olson
Emory University Hosp. - Atlanta

Kaybo

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 10:18:54 am »
Annette~
She is so precious!!!!!!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 10:32:17 am »
Yay Gramma!!!!

I guess Carlie knew she wanted to wish you well before your surgery!  And what incentive to get better!  I'm so glad you're doing well (slow typing and all...we can't tell!).  I'm also glad the rest of your family is doing well and I'm sure you are spoling that little baby already!  She's beautiful!  Enjoy every minute with her and don't forget to take care of yourself.  She's going to need someone to chase after her before you know it!

Keep getting better!!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

OMG16

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 11:55:13 am »
She is so cute!  I loved the picture of you also.  I must say I am a little jealous as I can not wait to be a Grandmother.  I am so happy for you.  Take care of yourself.  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 05:31:29 am »
Nana Annette!

Mazel Tov to your wonderful new arrival AND for being a "postie"! :)  Congrats to you all for such terrific news out of "Hotlanta" and give the baby a tickle for me... and you take care of yourself! What a wonderful reason for you to get back on your feet!  Please rest......... and welcome to the "postie" side of this AN journey!

Congrats, congrats all the way around!
"Auntie" Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 11:47:40 am »
Annette -

thanks for sharing the beautiful baby picture.

As Katie said grandmas are the best thing in the world - grandpas, too.   I don't know what my kids and I would do without my parents  :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways