Author Topic: Dr R. Porter @ BNI in Phoenix  (Read 2782 times)

Fern

Dr R. Porter @ BNI in Phoenix
« on: February 09, 2008, 02:11:46 pm »
Hello everyone!
I was wondering if anyone had any information about Dr Porter in Phoenix. I was diagnosed with a right AN in Apr 06 and had been waiting since. For some reason my AN decided to undergo a growth spurt and I have to get it out soon. I have been referred to the Barrow Institue in Phoenix and I am tentatively scheduled for surgery on Feb 19th. I am extremely scared and have so may questions... All I have heard are wonderful things about both the Dr and the facility, but I was wondering if any of you had any first hand info. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Scared out of my mind,   
:(
Fern

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Dr R. Porter @ BNI in Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 03:18:42 pm »
Hi Fern and welcome! Good to see you here.  I do know of someone that was treated at Barrows for their AN by Cyberknife radiosurgery.  She hasn't logged on here recently (to my knowledge) as she has done well and pretty much, moved along as her personal life does keep her busy. I can email her behind the scenes to have her pop on and note her team at Barrows if you want.

I do know Barrows has an excellent AN treatment team and believe that you are going to be in great hands there, regardless of what treatment you decide to pursue. 

Please know that we do try to help with the fear of the diagnosis and how to choose what is best for you.....We all walk in the same shoes as AN patients and know that you are a bit overwhelmed by your diagnosis.  Glad to see you here doing research and I have faith in you to go with your gut and pursue the best treatment option for you.

Please hang in there... and again, welcome.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"