Author Topic: Paperwork with Transear?  (Read 1989 times)

jerseygirl

Paperwork with Transear?
« on: January 05, 2008, 03:59:58 pm »
To those of you who already ordered or have Transear:

Is there any paperwork associated with it, like doctor's prescription or anything else? My insurance does not cover it, so I am paying cash. I will bring the operative reports with me to the appointment with an audiologist as if I don't have 2 scars and no hearing in the right ear to prove my AN. Any info will be appreciated!

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

marg

Re: Paperwork with Transear?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 09:53:14 pm »
I don't think you have to have any paperwork.  Just take your hearing test and show the hearing aide people (so you don't need to have another hearing test and pay for that ).  They just need to know how much hearing you have in your "good ear"  and how much loss you have in your AN ear.  The audiology report will show that.
    My insurance only covered about $300. and I paid the rest.  Make sure you get a receipt and use it on your income tax as a medical deduction.....
Margaret
P.S.  I love my Trans-Ear  the help is not huge....but it makes a difference and is less stressful for me teaching in a classroom.
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: Paperwork with Transear?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 09:21:21 am »
I'm paying cash as well, and there really wasn't any paperwork.  They wanted a recent (in the last 6 months) audiogram to make sure my bone conduction was good enough to use a TransEar, but if I didn't have that they would've just done another audiogram then and there.   

At the appt, the audiologist injected the mold to order the unit, and gave me a copy of the invoice for the unit and all her office fees.  That was it!  Super easy. I go back in on Thursday this week, I think to actually get my TE.  At that point, I'll have more paperwork to do through my Health Savings Account, since we set aside money for this.  But that's it.

Good luck!
Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)