Author Topic: Post Temporalis Tendon Transfer  (Read 58231 times)

odirish

Re: Post Temporalis Tendon Transfer
« Reply #135 on: September 08, 2010, 04:45:01 pm »
That's my out of pocket. :o

Mary Ann

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2010, 03:20:34 pm »
That's what I had to pay Mary Ann, but, like I said, I did get a big chunk of it back.  Maybe see if they will work with you re: a payment schedule ??
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2012, 07:10:26 pm »
This is for Jane re: T3: check out pg 7 of this topic - you will see my before and after (7 weeks after) pictures.  There are other after pictures too, I'm just not sure which pages...
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
right facial paralysis

Tanyajames1

« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2013, 04:18:31 pm »
Hello, my name is Tanya. I just had T3 surgery done at John Hopkins with Dr. Byrne. Great doctor & whole staff, nurses, anesthesiologists, etc, were so good to me. I had the surgery done just a little under two weeks ago. I read alot of comments from two women, Nancy & Kaybo if you guys are still out there...I seem to have symmetry at rest after surgery must still have apparent swelling. I have paralysis on left side of my face which most affected the lower part of my face. I had Bell's palsy 4 years ago during my last pregnancy & never fully recovered. If you're out there, just wondering how long for swelling to completely subside.

Any info would be greatly appreciate. And like Kaybo, doc took tendon from my upper thigh to use as an extension.

Thank you!!!
Tanya

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2013, 12:40:35 pm »
Hi Tanya, nice to meet you! So happy for you. You are still in recovery phase, even though all the staples/sutures are out. When I went back to have my 'after' pictures 7 weeks later, I still had swelling (my picture is in Dr. Byrne's before/after facial animation - I'm the one w/ the blue/black striped shirt). I can't remember how long it took for the swelling to subside, but at least we know 7 weeks out it's still there.
I had the procedure a little over 5 years ago, and people say my face looks even better, don't know if they're just being nice or what, but I'll take the compliments!
Always good thoughts, Nancy
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
right facial paralysis

Tanyajames1

« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2013, 08:10:07 pm »
Hi Nancy! Thank you so much for your reply. Yes! I know who you are, you're the 2nd before & after pic on Dr. Byrne's website. When I started my research several months ago maybe almost a year, I found him online & decided to meet with him. Finally met with him in Oct 2012 & I came across the ANA forum in November & then became a member but never made any posts until now. It was then that I came across your posts which were really motivating & uplifting. I did see your pictures that you posted on the Forum & you look beautiful! God bless you!! You were certainly one of my inspirations. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm only 2 weeks post op & feeling much better now, just doing my best to recover & heal properly. I know this will take time. This kind of support is awesome! Thank you soo much!!!! I also reached out to Kaybo & she replied to me right away. It's so comforting to communicate with others who have been where I am right now. Dr. Byrne is pretty awesome, I'm happy he was the one to help me.

God bless you.
Best regards,
Tanya

Kaybo

« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2013, 04:22:07 pm »
Tanya~
So great to talk to you yesterday!!  Hope you are surviving the snow!  I know that you will do well with this recovery process...& remember, it may seem like forever now but really, it is nothing in the whole scheme of things!!  ;)  I wish Dr Byrne's office wouldn't have misplaced my photos so I could be on the website too!!   :-[  Oh well!

Good luck and Blessings!
K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Tanyajames1

« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2013, 09:53:05 pm »
Thank you so much Kay! I'm so happy I spoke with you & thank you for your emails! You are a true inspiration. Incredible how I don't know you personally but yet feel so comforting talking with you. So grateful! I hope to speak with you soon.

God bless you!
Best regards,
Tanya