Author Topic: Facial twitching.  (Read 9199 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Facial twitching.
« on: August 25, 2012, 10:57:30 am »
Although I'm grateful for my results after my procedure, I remain pensive about little changes that I notice like this morning I noticed my chin was twitching while I was shaving! Luckily, I have a full beard and was using an elecrric razor to trim around my beard hair.

Surely, there are those of you who are men who are having to put with facial paralysis but is there anybody who has a problem with shaving?

Misery loves company! How do you handle it?

Mike

Ps This is the first time I've used this particular subdivision of the forum.
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

MDemisay

Re: Facial twitching.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 06:25:38 am »
To all,

No facial twitches today :-\ which is good.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

MDemisay

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 06:57:56 pm »
ANA Friends,

The facial twitching has moved from my chin to just under my lip, but it only bothers me when I am tired. Or have just woken up!

Mike

MDemisay

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 03:10:53 pm »
Will wonders never cease? I am amazed that I am not experiencing more facial twitching than I am! the facial twiching has moved from my chin to my upper lip to my bridge of mty nose to my forehead all on the right side of my face.

Mike

MDemisay

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 12:23:55 pm »
Do you know the good thing about facial twitching? You can't feel it when you are asleep!The bad thing is, once you wake up to go the bathroom, you can't fall asleep again ( at least I can't while I'm having facial twitches).

I've discovered a key though! If you don't want to wake up early in the morning, don't drink as much at night!

Mike

MDemisay

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 07:34:20 am »
To All,

Yesterday my facial twitching was off the chart. Today though it seems to have calmed down quite a bit. Does that mean the necrosis is shrinking or has it stayed the same? Does anyone know without having to sit and confirm as much with a CT scan?

Mike

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 12:46:23 pm »
Mike ~

I'm sorry you're being bedeviled by the nerve 'twitches'.  To the best of my knowledge, the tumor's condition can only be evaluated via an MRI or, in your case, a computed tomography (CT) scan.  I'm not a doctor and could be mistaken but at only four months post-radiation, necrosis doesn't seem likely and attempting to determine if tumor necrosis has occurred via external conditions doesn't seem practical. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MDemisay

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 08:04:23 pm »
My Dear Friends,

On a bright note this morning I went to see a prescreening of LINCOLN for three hours I was mesmerized! For those of you who haven't seen it yet, it will win awards!T

o tell the truth I wasn't thinking about facial twiches at all. However, I have some other twiching that has been occuring in my neck on my AN side. I am calm however! Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Mike

MDemisay

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 01:13:24 pm »
Dear ANgels,

While it was a concern for me, facial twitching seems to come and go for me. It seems to be most noticeable in the morning when I'm shaving and during my teeth washing phase of the morning. It seems to calm down with morning coffee.

Has anyone noticed this as well?

Mike

dtorres135

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 03:15:42 pm »
what does your doctor say

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 11:57:35 am »
Hi Mike
My facial spasms are very bad in the morning, often waking me up out of a sound sleep.  As the morning progresses they usually cease but then come on again around dinner time.

Also, lately the spasms have been going down my neck and even out to my shoulder.  If you've been reading my posts, I'm back on Gabapentin.  Not sure it's doing anything, still having spasms.  I've moved my annual MRI up to February 14 from May 1; guess doctors want to see if the tumor is pressing on the nerve; but then what are they going to do?   :o

Don't know that my morning coffee is what calms it down or makes it worse.  Most people will tell us to limit caffeine from all sources.

Take care,

Karen

Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

Bonnie B.

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 04:44:28 pm »
Karen,  What are the results of your Feb. 14th MRI?
1.7 cm AN
diagnosed January, 2012 - no hearing L ear
GK surgery done March 15, 2012 at Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Ct.
Dr. Chiang and Dr. Yu

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 05:05:50 pm »
Bonnie

Find out tomorrow,02/22/13; will let you know.

Karen

Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back