Author Topic: TRUFFLES? SEROIUSLY?!?!?!  (Read 6766 times)

Victoriah1999

• CM Indy
TRUFFLES? SEROIUSLY?!?!?!
« on: November 18, 2007, 09:55:48 pm »
I can't eat any for of truffle anymore.  WAHWAHWAH!!
I don't know if it's the fake ingredient they put in MOST truffle oils for enhancement of flavor, or if it's the "real thing".
Sooooo.... I have to stay away from ALL of it.  SO bummed out.  :(

(A truffle is grown underground, in France or Italy, sometimes Spain, and is a mushroom.  It has a meaty flavor and a GORGEOUS perfume.)

Toooo much Tyrosine.  BOOOOoooooooo.....

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: TRUFFLES? SEROIUSLY?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:19:12 pm »
You poor baby!!  Lay off of them for a while and try again.  Nothing is forever.  I find sometimes I can eat or drink what ever I want and than other times I can't tolerate anything because everything taste so metallic. 

Is it the taste that bothers you or is it a digestion problem?  I cannot eat dried cured sausage, salami or prosciutto.  My digestion system cannot goes nuts.  What a shame because my husband being Italian has mastered the art of making the cured meat and wine.  Oh, Lorenzo, next trip has to be to Canada.

I cannot drink any red wine, severe migraine headache.  Not worth it!!!  I love truffles and truffle oil.  Love to cook with it. 

Anne Marie

Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

lori67

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 01:05:11 pm »
May I suggest trying truffles of the chocolate variety?  Much better than the ones that grow in the dirt!  Mmmmm.....

:D
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 05:07:37 pm »
OOOHHH Lori , you TOTALLY read my mind!  I was just going to suggest switching to the chocolate variety of truffles. Godiva makes one thats made of dark chocolate, flavored with espresso, dusted with coco powder......DIVINE!!!

Capt Deb

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

lori67

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:42:57 pm »
Well, chocolate seems to be my answer for everything lately!  Hey, whatever works, right?

I wonder if we were to get a doctor to prescribe some of those Godiva truffles, if insurance would cover it?  I think it's necessary for our continued healing and well-being.

Now you've made me hungry - I'll have to go forage for leftover Halloween candy.
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Static

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 08:36:42 pm »
You all know that chocolate is a vegetable, right?  Cocoa comes from a bean and beans are vegetables, and you know you are supposed to eat your vegetables every day.  The dark ones are best  ;D
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

lori67

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 01:23:45 pm »
In that case, I could easily become a vegetarian!!   ;D

Victoriah1999

• CM Indy
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 11:50:40 pm »
You guys are hilarious!  LOLOL!

No way will I try it again.  I wound up in the hospital for days the first time, and I would have gone the 2nd time if I was home.
I was out of town and drove to the place  I went, so my hubby would have to have driven minimum 5 hours just to get me.
OR take a turboprop.  Erm, no.  I hate noise as it is.  hee.

It is just an allergy.  A pretty darn severe one, but hey, I know what it is now, so I avoid it.  TOTAL bummer though.

I've been doing rather well since trying to overhaul my diet to ONLY things we are "supposed" to have,  and it's working.  *yay*
Small victories!  :D

I have a coupon for two truffles from Godiva, you reminded me.  I'll have to go get some white chocolate ones.  MMMmmmmmm

goinbatty

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 08:05:38 am »
Sorry to hear you had so much trouble.  But had to add my personal favorite - Lindt milk chocolate truffles.  YUM!!!! 
1/2007 - 6 x 4.5 mm AN
8/2007 - 9 x 6 mm
CK at Georgetown 1/7/08-1/11/08; Dr. Gagnon
3/2008 - 10 x 7 mm
7/2008 - 9 x 10 x 6 mm (NECROTIC CENTER!!!!!)
5/2009 - no change/stable
4/2010 - 10 x 7 x 6 mm; stable/no change
5/2011 - 10 x 7; stable/no change
6/2012 - 8.1 x 7 mm
4/2014 - stable/no change

Victoriah1999

• CM Indy
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 08:38:55 am »
*swoon*

I went to the store on 5th Ave in NYC, NY.  It was HEAVEN.  I got SO much cocolate for gifts that year the guy who looked in my luggage just LOOKED at me....  I laughed!  I said they are GIFTS.  You know, CHRISTMAS?  He said "OH!" and laughed.  He forgot it was coming for a moment.  I asked if his wife did all the Christmas shopping and he said yeah.  I told him he minght want to consider picking some up as a Thank You.  LOL!  I said hey, five bucks can go a LONG way, ya know.  He just grinned and said YEAH!

I always wonder if he did it....  I bet so.  :)