Author Topic: hearing loss cell phones  (Read 2350 times)

jimmy r

hearing loss cell phones
« on: November 17, 2007, 08:47:23 pm »
I got a newsletter from House Ear Institiute about a study on hearing loss from cell phone use. I did a search on this and read an article that states there is high frequency hearing loss that would not be easily noticable. It says that the results are pre-mature as there has not been enough research. The conservative thing for those of us with SSD would be to use a bluetooth or earphones.
Translab HEI 1987. Retro-sigmoid Mass General 6/19/2007. 7 hour surgery by Barker and Mekena. No nerve damage. Not all the tumor removed.

Pablo

Re: hearing loss cell phones
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 05:25:12 am »
Thanks is there a url for this article?
2.5 cm x 3.0 cm  right side
FSR  7/2006
Cabrini Medical Center, NYC

TP

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 11:25:40 am »
I just got a new cell phone and made sure that the speaker phone was loud. I still don't like putting anything up to my good ear (SSD on left side). For years I had a headset or phone attached to my ear on the side on my AN and I am just not going to risk anything with my good ear!
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

Pablo

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 07:01:46 am »
2.5 cm x 3.0 cm  right side
FSR  7/2006
Cabrini Medical Center, NYC

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 10:24:31 am »

Its interesting ... yes, there was a study done .. (a small group mind you) .. and the AN's where higher in cell phone users...
and the news has been hammering away and picking up the story ....

there have been OTHER study's done .. and the AN's where NOT higher ....
and the news NEVER picks up this story .....

the moral of this post... not everything posted on the internet is the only side of the story... and the news love to write about bad news... please remember this...
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital