Author Topic: Social Security (Binder and Binder)  (Read 7069 times)

Dantheman

• Orthodox Christian Bookstore
Social Security (Binder and Binder)
« on: October 06, 2007, 05:39:34 pm »
Has anyone used the national law firm of Binder and Binder? All they handle are social security disability cases.

I was denied benefits and was considering using them for my appeal.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Dan
Diagnosed 12/08/2006. 1.7 cm Right Side AN.
Trans-lab performed on 02/13/2007 by Dr. Lawrence Meiteles and Dr. Raj Murali at Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, N.Y.
TransEar worn since 4/17/07.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Social Security (Binder and Binder)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 06:10:25 pm »
Dan,
I used a Houston attorney recommended by my daughter, who is a paralegal.  Usually firms like Binder and Binder get the info on your case and then refer it to another attorney.  They make mega bucks on referrals.  Some of the big firms advertising on TV do referrals only.   I was denied twice and asked for a hearing.  The decision was "favorably" reversed before I got to the hearing.  Let me know if I can help in any way.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

linny

• still problems, 3yrs later
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 09:34:01 pm »
Ive been trying for months, you probably wont get it with out an attorney at least thats what Ive heard. But I have had  "Flemimg,Greenwald & associates Nation wide Representation  !-800-882-5500. I think they are all about the same. Because they get some of that money too. Hope you can find someone that works out Good luck. :) let me know too. :) They tell me you get deined apx. 3 times.
Linda-2yr post AN 3-cm left side.  OHSU hospital , slow recovery for me. But then I had to have 2 surgeries with complications swelling of brain,

Brendalu

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 06:42:58 am »
If yopu will go to the Social Security website you will find that the commissioner has instilled some new rules.  I was declined twice and before my hearing was scheduled I was approved.  If you have an attorney he will receive 25% and Social Security will pay that before you get your money.  Your date of disability is decided by Social Security and you will receive payment from five months after you first became disabled.  I hope this info helps both of you.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Dantheman

• Orthodox Christian Bookstore
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 07:48:14 am »
Thanks for the replies. I left a message on Binder and Binder's voice mail this weekend. My wife is calling our family attorney to get some local refferals as well.

It's funny, I worked for the Federal Government in a Law Enforcement capacity for 17 yrs. They offered me disability retirement and signed statements that they could not accommodate my condition. The disability insurance company (that I purchased through the job) says I am disabled and they are paying. But Social Security says that I can return to work within a year of my surgery! I think it would be challenging to find a law enforcement position for a guy who walks like a drunken sailor in poor light or darkness , has single sided profound deafnessand doesn't have any sound directionality.  Go figure!

Dan
Diagnosed 12/08/2006. 1.7 cm Right Side AN.
Trans-lab performed on 02/13/2007 by Dr. Lawrence Meiteles and Dr. Raj Murali at Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, N.Y.
TransEar worn since 4/17/07.

Brendalu

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 01:18:51 pm »
I agree Dan, I also walk like a drunken sailor and I'm twenty-six months out!  I've had all kinds of PT and exercises and I keep trying and I keep fracturing bones and breaking them!  Keep on keeping on and it will go your way.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 05:37:57 pm »
Dan:  Can you imagine the danger you'd be in (& your partner, etc.) not knowing what direction sound is coming from with your kind of work???   Geez louise, what is Soc. Sec. thinking, or NOT thinking????
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Brendalu

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 07:44:09 pm »
Nancyann,
I hadn't even thought of that aspect of Dan's former job!  It's dangerous enough, but not knowing where sound is coming from (and that was one of the reason I got approved for SSD) would be just suicial!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT